Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

TedMart
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jan 2013, 11:50 am

I am desperately trying to pull my life back together after being
sole caregiver for my elderly Mother with Dementia for the last ten years.

I think I have the Emotional/Grief stuff under control for now, my biggest obstacle is that I am having major problems financially, and this is made worse by the fact that I am being played games with by the executor of my FATHER"S estate, which owes me money (that I desperately need right now) and which is refusing to give me information about where I stand with it all.

I did hire an attorney who recently gave up, citing the non-cooperation of the executor and the difficulties and expense of litigation, so now I owe them thousands of dollars I don't have outside of what is owed me by the estate.

In short, the intricacies and complexities and just downright BS of the entire situation is beyond my ability to cope with, and the frustrations involved are causing me some major difficulties in getting on with my life.

I guess I am hoping someone will be able to point me in a direction where I might find some solid legal help that might be a little sympathetic to our limitations when it comes to matters like this.

Last edited by TedMart on 07 Jan 2013, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 11:57 am

What country are you from?

Sounds a nightmare

TedMart

07 Jan 2013, 12:04 pm

It is a nightmare.

I'm in the good old Money-Hungry USA, which probably explains a lot.

I've never been very money motivated or "wise' about finances, but I do know this money is mine, that I need it, and that I am being given a run around about it. The situation is seriously messing up things for me at a time when I am barely able to hold things together anyway.

Thanks.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 12:09 pm

Im in the UK and I would be speaking to the Law Society, citizens advice and if that failed some hired goons.

The thing about litigation is the only sure winners are the lawyers - on their pay by the hour model

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 12:54 pm

My best advice is get the executor to understand that you will both be burried by legal costs if they don't start dealing with the situation appropiately.

You'd be surprised how reason at the right time can make an unreasonable person reasonable.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 4:06 pm

I'd suggest you to call your local county/region bar association and ask if they can refer you to someone.

TedMart

07 Jan 2013, 4:16 pm

Thanks, I feel like I've tried about everything, I have called tons of other attorneys and all are needing retainer fees that I just don't have right now. I even tried the Legal Aid society but they don't do Probate cases.

The amount of frustration this is causing is extremely hard for me to deal with. I've been told that the court I have to work is famous for being difficult, but I'm beginning to think it's just outright impossible to expect any justice on this.

TedMart

07 Jan 2013, 6:33 pm

THANKS!

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 8:04 pm

No problem.

Hope they help.