Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 9:41 am

The university of Massacusetts medical school which believe is in Worcester claims to have a cure for trisomy 21, the syndrome first discovered by John Langdon Down in the 50's.
parents and people with downs alike are excited about curing the cognitive delays and heart problems asociated with the syndrome.however very much like the feelings people in the autism community have they fear it could stop the beautifull contributions that people with downs can offer the world.

its on MSN live but i have no link.my twitter page is in my profile,i retweeted the article

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 9:47 am

If the people with Down's syndrome could choose themselves, don't you think that they'd choose not to have mental retardation? In a lot of the cases with mild MR (IQ of 50-69), the person is aware of the fact that they're retarded--and many of them (rightfully) feel that this is very unfair.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 10:55 am

i posted the article as strictly a matter of fact.i did not say any personal opinions about what should or should not be.the article dealt with some issues often talked about here so i shared it to open a debate.any debate about these findings should be directed with varies argueing parties who post about this article and not me

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

11 Aug 2013, 11:41 am

See also:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237736.html

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm

Cornflake wrote:
I guess they beat me to it