Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 4:09 pm

Apparently Christian Weston Chandler (also known as Chris-Chan) was arrested yesterday after he went to GameStop (where he had been banned from) to protest the redesigns that the Sonic the Hedgehog characters have recently gone through.
He was asked to leave and when he refused the staff threatened to call the authorities. This led to him storming out of the establishment and pepperspraying one of it's employees in the eyes as he walked through the doors.

Here is a video documenting the afore-mentioned event:

He was subsequently arrested and is currently awaiting trial.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry if someone has already made a similar post but I thought there might be a few of you on here who would be interested in this topic (seeing as Chris is one of the most infamous members of the autistic community.)

I personally think that physically assaulting someone just because a fictional hedgehog's arms got changed from beige to blue (I know a lot of people think the redesigns are kinda ugly but COME ON) provides further testimony to how warped an individual he is. I used to feel sorry for him due to the poor treatment he got online but I then realised that no matter how much he goes through he just doesn't learn (the racism, homophobia and stalking problems didn't endear him towards me either.)

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2014, 4:49 pm

I'm actually pretty glad this guy is off the streets, but I have incredibly mixed feelings on what further media attention this guy gets. Yeeshhh. THIS is the Autism/Asperger syndrome the media wants to show. The f**k ups, the real failures, etc in order to maintain a certain role model to be propagated to the public. Sounds depressing or crazy, but it's true, and it's not even "the government"; these are civilian-run entities.

I'm still waiting for an autistic equivalent of 2Pac, Ice Cube, or such. Seems to be a while away though.

Skullbug
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm

The CWCki says he's made bail and his initial hearing was today. The next court date will be February 5th next year. I'm sure that will be interesting.

I wanted to laugh at the glasses, but he's too depressing to be funny anymore.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

29 Dec 2014, 8:59 pm

Good! His being autistic is no excuse for being a douche and pepper-spraying a GameStop employee in the face. The behaviour displayed by Chris-Chan is pathetic and makes our community look bad.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 9:01 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
Good! His being autistic is no excuse for being a douche and pepper-spraying a GameStop employee in the face. The behaviour displayed by Chris-Chan is pathetic and makes our community look bad.

What community exactly? I don't feel he makes me look bad he makes himself look bad....honestly outside of this site I have never even heard of the guy so not so sure he even has 'infamous' status.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 9:16 pm

I would never have known nor cared about "Chris-Chan" if I had not read about him on this website.

I still don't care much - only enough to make this post.

Now I'm done.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2014, 9:28 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
SyphonFilter wrote:

What community exactly? I don't feel he makes me look bad he makes himself look bad....honestly outside of this site I have never even heard of the guy so not so sure he even has 'infamous' status.

I believe that Linkara talked about Chris-Chan in his Top 15 Comics He'll Never Review list, I believe it was around number 3 when he's talking about webcomics.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 1:05 am

Chris does not deserve to be talked about.

His disability (or multiple ones) do not excuse his bad behavior. For this one, over the color of Sonic's arms being changed for a game? Like, seriously, this is crazy beyond belief. This is like me going batshit insane over the fact that Link is right handed in the Wii version of Twilight Princess. It's a trivial matter.

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2014, 1:09 am

I can't help but feel he does this on purpose, to an extent.

That's not really autism at that point. That's just idiocy and stupidity (redundancy intended).

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 10:18 am

andrethemoogle wrote:
disability (or multiple ones) do not excuse his bad behavior. For this one, over the color of Sonic's arms being changed for a game? Like, seriously, this is crazy beyond belief. This is like me going batshit insane over the fact that Link is right handed in the Wii version of Twilight Princess. It's a trivial matter.

I agree with you completely. I didn't throw a temper tantrum and start boycotting Harry Potter when Dobby didn't appear in the fourth movie.

----------------
I actually thought his behaviour was starting to improve up until now. I mean...he'd started to become more accepting to other people and even though the whole tomgirl thing seemed like a desperate ploy to get a girlfriend at least it wasn't affecting anyone but himself. Hell, he was even being good natured about the whole trolling thing (he actually sent out a list suggesting what joke gifts they could send him for Christmas.)

But it seems apparent that he hasn't gotten better so much as deteriorated in different ways than he was before.

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 10:24 am

Skullbug wrote:
I wanted to laugh at the glasses, but he's too depressing to be funny anymore.

Yeesh...I wonder where he got them from. I'm not usually critical of the fashion sense of others but he really needs to rethink his. Also gotta love how he blows a raspberry at the camera. Keep it classy Chris, keep it classy.

TheTrueMayhem
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2014, 10:08 pm

Wow... this effin' guy... I have nothing really to say that hasn't been said already. Cheers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 5:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
SyphonFilter wrote:

I know,who is this guy anyway.ive never heard of him

Buzz201
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2015, 7:39 am

Looking at this guy's wikipedia, does this guy have fans or something? Because I genuinely do not understand the appeal...

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2015, 7:51 am

He should be in an asylum. macing someone because he doesn't like the color of a toy. Ludicrous.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 8:12 am

from what ive seen online its hard at this point to know if this so called "chris chan" is a real person or is he a sock puppet comic character invented for perverse youtube humor.