Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 11:02 am

What surprised me over a number of years is how autism politics gets in the way of discussing autism.

For example,

some autism groups push agendas such as:

Cure autism now

and if anyone questions the idea of a cure or a cure by tomorrow morning at 5 am, they are censored or banned.

That is not an open discussion. That is a political agenda.

Other groups will not allow the listing of websites other than their own, for example, some autism websites/related websites will object to any links at all to the Wikipedia encyclopedia.

I can recall one group which did not like any posting of any USA government healthcare websites at their talk group.

Talk about trying to close off a basic conversation.

For this reason, I no longer respect some non-profit organizations since they are not at all interested in autism at all or openly talking about autism. They just want money. They want no questions. They want people to walk in lockstep behind their agenda.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 3:03 pm

Last edited by Willard on 04 Oct 2010, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 6:51 pm

Now that ^^^ is right on the MONEY! And not funny either. :evil:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

jimdotbeep
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2010, 7:13 pm

Do you guys really think that it's any different here. Wrong Planet is in bed with autism speaks. And as we all know autism speaks has primarily one goal. To eliminate us so that the nuerotypicals don't have to deal with us anymore.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 8:05 am

jimdotbeep wrote:
Do you guys really think that it's any different here. Wrong Planet is in bed with autism speaks. And as we all know autism speaks has primarily one goal. To eliminate us so that the nuerotypicals don't have to deal with us anymore.

----

In my view, Wrong Planet is a little different.

Wrong Planet does allow a very open (and helpful) discussion of Asperger - Autism (my view) compared with some other places. Many of the posts I've seen at Wrong Planet would never make it to other talk groups without being censored, banned, or extensively edited.

In my view, Wrong Planet is one of the good guys/good gals so to speak.

Wrong Planet does allow an open discussion of both sides of many issues as well as what might be called center ground (my view).

Am very grateful for Wrong Planet because I have learned some things from the many educational and informative posts here on a huge variety of topics.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 4:34 pm