Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aegimius
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Aug 2011, 7:12 am

Joggling is juggling while running. I only recently took up this sport and it feels amazing. It gives me a better workout than just running, although I am not good at it(I'm amazed I can do it at all, although I frequently drop the balls). Thing is, I had been running for so many years that it had become boring, I needed a new challenge and I discovered joggling. I run while juggling in the 3 ball cascade pattern(I use lacrosse balls). There are even some blogs about joggling which I can't post because I am new here. Youtube also has a bunch of joggling videos.

I only recently learned how to juggle 3 balls(nearly 4 months ago), and have been joggling for almost 2 months now. While I have improved over this time, I still can't go more than 1/2 of a mile without dropping one or more balls. I usually run for 5 to 6 miles in an hour.

Another thing I am wondering is that since I am capable of doing this, even if I am not that good, does it make it less likely that I am on the autism spectrum? I believe I have Aspergers, and I know clumsiness is one of the many "symptoms" of Aspergers, so I am wondering if an Asperger person would be more or less capable of joggling. On the other hand, juggling and especially joggling requires intense focus, although once you get used to it it requires less focus.

I highly recommend this sport to anyone here who has been running for a long time and needs to make things more interesting, and can do this activity safely. Always look straight ahead and don't do it if there are too many people or cars around. You may need extra water than you'd typically drink if you were just running, since you're also working out your upper body. You may be out of breath after only a few minutes of doing this for the first time, even if you're a very seasoned runner. Make sure your body can handle it. I sweat so much more while joggling than from just plain running.

If you don't already know how to juggle, learn to juggle first, then incorporate it into your running.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 10:34 am

While I have more than enough fine motor skills to become good at juggling if I wanted to, I can't run more than a few hundred yards at a time. Might take it up when I get in slightly better shape.

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 12:45 pm

I tried it, but the balls kept bouncing off my face