Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

jump33
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2010, 1:07 am

I was just diagnosed and told I might have some food allergies. The best way to test an allergy was to change your diet, so I decided to start with dairy. As a child I drank milk at least twice a day plus the other dairy type products in my meals. Dairy has always been in my daily diet. If changing my diet will help me in any way I am willing to make the change. I don’t want to get hung up on all the reason why I changed my diet, but more concerned about the current pain I am in.

For the last 2-3 weeks I have eliminated dairy from my diet. Currently I am in so much physical pain; it’s been developing slowing getting worse each day. My entire body hurts; neck, knees, and predominately my lower back. I am on the verge of taking myself to the emergency room. Could I be suffering from a vitamin definite of some type? If so how can I replace it? Should I just start drinking milk tomorrow?

JHenry2848
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Mar 2010, 1:13 am

If you have been expiencing this for 2 weeks you might be able to survive another few days and make an appointment with your doctor. If you have one.

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 1:26 am

try going thru this and narrow it down

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptom/body-aches.htm

if you think it is the dairy, try suppliments. milk for instance is good vitamin d and calcium try some over the counter suppliments to counter act

jump33
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2010, 1:46 am

Today I purchased some iron tablets, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D. I thought the pain might be related to my cycle but its over and the pain is worse. I have an appointment with my doc on Monday. I am really wondering if anyone has experienced it as well and what they did about it.

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 1:49 am

i never do dairy anyway never had that problem but then again never been on then off. if you just got the suppliments today it might take a day or two to get into your system

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 2:56 am

This doesn't sound right. It's important that a doctor should examine what's happening. It could be something completely unrelated, like an acute rheumatoid problem.

Heliobacter20
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Mar 2010, 4:02 am

It may be reactive arthritis from celiac disease. Exposure to wheat causes all my joints to ache like I'm on the rack. Read your labels very carefully, and eliminate wheat from your diet for 4 weeks, see what happens. If that doesn't help, then you should definately get screened for a rheumatoid condition.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2010, 4:25 pm

I feel like that sometimes because I have Fibromyalgia and nerve pain. I also have Interstitial Cystitis and Hunner Syndrome which are all supposedly genetically related. Please let us know what the doctor thinks. I'm curious about these things. Maybe stopping the dairy and the body pain are two seperate issuses. But you never know.

matrixluver
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2010, 12:27 pm

experience withdrawal when on a gf/cf diet the first few weeks.