Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ripcity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2010, 11:11 pm

Hi Dose anyone hear have back problems? I have had to have my spine opperated on twice in my 37 years both times it was my lower spine that caused leg pain. Talking to my family I beleve that is herratary. However knowing that flexability can be an issue with people with aspergers. I was wondering if there was also a conection there as well?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 2:20 am

you're preaching to the choir, ripcity. i have had since childhood a 15 degree rightward-bowing scoliosis between my 8th and 14th thoracic vertebrae, in addition to a dysfunctional sacro-iliac joint. everytime the weather changes or i get stressed-out by something, i get these wicked wry necks where my head is almost on its side because certain muscles spasm for days at a time, bending my neck sideways most cruelly. the wry neck is always accompanied by severe pulling pain in the middle of my back radiating all around. soma-comp codeine was barely adequate to take the edge off of this. i grew tolerant to this drug quickly so i stopped taking it soon after the initial script. everywhere i go i have to take along a low back pillow and watch my posture, because the minute i slouch, i get the wry neck before long.
i guess i should be thankful i don't have numb legs yet. just the same, it gets tiresome being made out of leftover parts from the reject bin.

Arroyo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2010, 11:15 am

I'm there also.
From what I read, it is just a correlation: the gene that causes the flexibility would be very close to one of the genes involved on ASD, with high coincidence ratio.
But as ASD seems to be linked to lower adherence between (neuronal) cells, in fact that gene might be one of the causes of both.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2010, 12:36 pm

i have poor flexibility and occasional upper back pains. it was really bad for a while though. It was related to posture. with the right physio i am a lot better. the best thing you can do for any back or joint pain is build up agonistic and antagonistic muscles through correct exercise. i'm just realising how important this is.