Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 10:15 am

I could never take dance class. I have a problem where my mind processes things really slowly, so I couldn't keep up with the dance moves. Sure, I'm good at Just Dance 2, but copying real people is harder because I'm naturally focused on their faces and I'm focused on how they're moving, and it's harder when you're thinking about two things at once.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 10:37 am

I went to a dance class when I was about 9 or 10 because my friend also danced. I was put in the lowest level possible and managed to knock a whole row of kids down during a dance... Needless to say I didn't get the bronze and I quit! I have since been diagnosed with dyspraxia.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 10:40 am

If ballroom isn't you thing there are many other forms of dance.

I myself love "Lindy Hop." But if you're not into jazz, there is Rockabilly (if you like 50's rock) rock step (for 60's rock), line dancing (country) West Coast swing (which is VERY similar to Lindy Hop, but modernised so you can dance to current popular dance music.

If dance is something you want to get into of course.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 11:36 am

Once I went to a jazzercise class with my sister-in-law. We were doing some stand up kick routine and I tripped over my own feet and fell flat on my ass. Graceful, I'm not.