Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 1:49 pm

A friend of mine has invited me to go backpacking and camping with him and his boyfriend. I haven't been camping or backpacking in a while, but most of my stuff is in good shape. Anyway, the long and short is that I need some new base layer pants. A long time ago I had some by either REI or EMS, I can't remember which. I wish I'd bought more. I'm looking for something midweight that wicks. My big problem is finding some with a good waistband. The problem is that all the ones I see that are current appear to have a bare band. I just can't deal with that at all. My old ones had the same midweight silky feeling wicking fabric bunched(? no idea of the proper term) over the elastic that the rest of the pants were made of. It kept it sitting on my waist without digging into me, or constraining me, or irritating me. Help me find some similar base layer pants?

Let me know if this post would do better in another section, like Women's Discussion or something.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 11:06 pm

A picture of the pants & waistband you had before might help. It's difficult to determine exactly what it is you're looking for from the description you've written.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 8:36 pm

My old pair is dead and gone. If I could find the kind I'm looking for, I wouldn't need to ask, I'd just buy them. I don't mean to sound rude, just stating the facts. This trip is happening at the end of this month.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 9:36 pm

And we can't see what your memory of your old pants looks like. A picture is worth 1000 words. Obviously you want a very specific construction style of a base layer pant - but your description doesn't translate into an image for me, so w/o a pic I'm not sure what it is you're looking for. Maybe try going to google image search and searching for base layer pants and see if you can find an image of the waist band style you're trying to find so that you can show us. Even better, if you do find an image of a pair that you like - it might just lead you to a website that sells them and you could solve your problem.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 9:44 pm

If my description doesn't translate into an image for you, then you can't help me.

Google can't help me either. I tried online shopping for base pants first, then Googling, then I posted here. I was hoping someone here would have similar issues with stuff clinging to or rubbing up against their waist and have a pair of base pants that didn't do that.

If you can't help, that's fine. I'm hoping that somebody can.