Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 5:49 pm

I've been reviewing my diet, and the biggest problem I see is that I have trouble maintaining correct blood glucose levels. I usually "solve" the problem by eating chocolate and/or cane sugar, but that carries too many calories. Since I'm so large I'm headed for diabetes, and I'm getting awfully close to "the edge" if you know what I mean. I need to know how to maintain blood sugar levels without the chocolate. I can only think of a few things: 1) fruit 2) bread (I am gluten intolerant, so no bread) 3) nuts maybe??? I need to keep my blood sugar levels up. Eating chicken and rice doesn't do it, I end up going down, I guess you could call it mild diabetic shock. Any ideas?

kip
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 6:04 pm

Bananas. Also, go get something called chromium picolinate. It's a glucose tolerance factor, helps you use the glucose in your bloodstream more efficiently. That means there will be more left over for after. And at Walmart here, they sell these little sugar tabs for people with hypoglycaemia, they're about 2 bucks a tube of ten. Little calories, pretty much like a sugar wafer. Not the tastiest according to an ex who needed them, but better than loading up on crappy food.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot