Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jaz1787
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2010, 6:15 pm

hey all

ive been vego for a under a year now (i think 6 months? can't remember when i started, it seems like forever now)

and ive had the flu (or variations of) three times - and im a person who doesnt usually get sick

id like to blame my OH, he wasnt living with me before, and he gets sick firsta nd then makes me sick (face it, i dont get close enough to anyone else to get sick)

so, how can i strengthen my vego diet to help me not get sick so much?

im going to start back on some multi-vitamins too, ive had cnetrum before, happy to back to it but anyone like to recommend another?

cheers for any help

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 6:54 pm

Make sure you are getting enough iron

RaquiGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2010, 7:10 pm

A good multi-vitamin is best. Also, if you're female (even if you're not trying to get preggo), prenatal vitamins are uber good for you. They have a lot of what any woman needs in her diet to stay healthy. :)

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 8:15 pm

Google vitamin D and flu.
I started taking Vitamin D tablets last year when they where trying to frighten us into making the drug companies even richer with thier phony Swine Flu scare, so I wouldnt have to take thier poisonous vacinne.
I just dont get colds or the flu anymore, the other day at work I was working with a guy that allways has a cold,I felt myself getting it , but by the following morning it had gone.