Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 2:35 pm

I am on day 4 of my cold and feel like I am dying.

I have not had a cold for at least 10 years. Somehow I have avoided getting one. It seems I remember that I was over a cold in three days.

I still am getting fevers and runny nose. Is this normal at this point?

How long does a cold last for you?

I am thinking my immune system might not be as strong as it used to me.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 3:24 pm

Recently my mom and I both caught the same cold. Mine lasted about 3 weeks. My mom's has lasted 4 and she is still not over it yet. We both ran fevers during the first week, and my runny nose lasted 2 and a half weeks.

The good news is that the cold only makes you feel miserable during the first couple of days. After that, it's nothing more than a nuisance.

Jojoba
Toucan
Toucan

04 Mar 2011, 4:07 pm

I've had good luck avoiding a cold ever since I began taking vitamin D3, the sunshine vitamin. I read that it was good at fighting infections. My family takes D3 also, and while some have not had the good luck I've experienced - many in the family have had colds - the flu bug did not last as long as it typically seems to.

This is how I take and test D3.

Getting vitamin D right

http://www.heartscanblog.org/2010/01/ge ... right.html

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 7:08 am

An average cold for me lasts about 2-3 weeks, sometimes less, sometimes more. I usually get a slight fever for a few days to a week a couple of days into the cold.

MaybeMars
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2011, 10:17 am

Doctors say that if you treat it aggressively with drugs, bed rest, intravenous fluids, and careful control of temperature and humidity, it will last around 7 days. If you skip treatment and just let it run its natural course, it will be gone in about a week.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 11:35 am

About a week for me. I can't take may cold/flu/allergy meds due to the ingredients in them. I do nasal washes whenever I feel like a cold is coming, or I tell my acupuncture doctor about it.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)