Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2011, 6:31 pm

So I was 18 5'10 120lbs

I am now about 140lbs form building musle

I have to eat all the time my metabolism is insane

ANyway at 140lbs I am still skinny as!! !

What weigh tto I need to bulk up to would 155lbs lean be decent?

Shai-hulud
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2011, 7:36 pm

Perhaps if you use a BMI calculator you can get a better idea of what weight would be ideal for the image you want.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Shiznown
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2011, 3:48 am

Shai-hulud wrote:
Perhaps if you use a BMI calculator you can get a better idea of what weight would be ideal for the image you want.

I would advise against that. The BMI scale is complete crap and doesn't account for body type or muscle mass. It was originally meant to measure boxes NOT people. It's an out dated useless system that is still used just so your health insurance can jack up your rates. For 5' 10" if you want a good amount of muscle mass with your body type, which I'm pretty sure is ecto from what you described 180-210 seems good. Maybe even 170 if you don't want too much muscle mass.

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2011, 8:19 am

Shiznown wrote:
Shai-hulud wrote:

I would advise against that. The BMI scale is complete crap and doesn't account for body type or muscle mass. It was originally meant to measure boxes NOT people. It's an out dated useless system that is still used just so your health insurance can jack up your rates. For 5' 10" if you want a good amount of muscle mass with your body type, which I'm pretty sure is ecto from what you described 180-210 seems good. Maybe even 170 if you don't want too much muscle mass.

but I was 118lbs. I eat 3000kcals and can harldy get over 140lbs!! !

I think Ill be lucky if i can get to 150-155 unless I wanna eat more than 4000kcals per day

And even 3000kcals is hard work

NarcissusSavage
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 8:49 am

aspardon wrote:
Shiznown wrote:
Shai-hulud wrote:

I think Ill be lucky if i can get to 150-155 unless I wanna eat more than 4000kcals per day

You sound like you have it easy (I'm kidding...mostly)

I'm 6'4" and 180lbs. I eat between 5.5 and 6k calories a day, take supplements, and only workout is strength training. I have been eating like that for 2 years and have only put on ~20 lbs. I have no discernable bodyfat...and it starts getting quite ludicrous if I try going above 6k cal. I have tried, even managed about 8k for a week or so a few times. It's a LOT of food....

I look thin, but, I'm starting to cross into the lean category. So, at this rate...only another 2-3 years to reach my goal weight of 200. I'll still be lean, but...acceptable.

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2011, 11:42 am

NarcissusSavage wrote:
aspardon wrote:
Shiznown wrote:
Shai-hulud wrote:

You sound like you have it easy (I'm kidding...mostly)

I'm 6'4" and 180lbs. I eat between 5.5 and 6k calories a day, take supplements, and only workout is strength training. I have been eating like that for 2 years and have only put on ~20 lbs. I have no discernable bodyfat...and it starts getting quite ludicrous if I try going above 6k cal. I have tried, even managed about 8k for a week or so a few times. It's a LOT of food....

I look thin, but, I'm starting to cross into the lean category. So, at this rate...only another 2-3 years to reach my goal weight of 200. I'll still be lean, but...acceptable.

yeh 6'4 sux to look filled out. I think 5'10 150lbs lean is not too bad. Its like a toned boxed. Small clothed.

I hate eating

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 12:50 pm

I'm 5 foot 11 and 150 pounds. I'm skinny as hell. Most people that are muscular at that height weigh about 180. But considering your body type, probably 170 would be a better goal. I was at 165, but I lost some weight.

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2011, 1:24 pm

Mindslave wrote:
I'm 5 foot 11 and 150 pounds. I'm skinny as hell. Most people that are muscular at that height weigh about 180. But considering your body type, probably 170 would be a better goal. I was at 165, but I lost some weight.

I read bradd pitt was like 5'11 155lsb in fight club he looked ok

I know david beckham is like 6ft 160lbs...and hes not real skinny but not big.

Starttign at 120lbs I dont think I can ever get real big unless I eat copious food I mean over 5k per day.

SO I think If I can get to 150-155 ill settle at that if it means only eating 3500kcals

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

25 May 2011, 3:47 pm

Wait, do you just want to have more muscle mass, or do you just not like being skinny? I'm 5'11, was 104 but have gotten up to 119. Yeah, I know what you mean when you say it's hard to eat a lot of food.

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2011, 4:42 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
Wait, do you just want to have more muscle mass, or do you just not like being skinny? I'm 5'11, was 104 but have gotten up to 119. Yeah, I know what you mean when you say it's hard to eat a lot of food.

yeh I just want to be not skinny. I dont need to be a superhero lol

But I read Bradd Pitt was like 5'11 155lbs in fight club. He looks big with his top off to most folk but hes not a bodybuilder big size.

If I could get something like that Id be happy.

And I fukin hate eating.

I now just take lots of shakes and stuff

I make an 8 whole egg omlette lol

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

25 May 2011, 5:06 pm

aspardon wrote:
SyphonFilter wrote:

But I read Bradd Pitt was like 5'11 155lbs in fight club. He looks big with his top off to most folk but hes not a bodybuilder big size.

And I fukin hate eating.

Lots of shakes, eh? My diet consists of mostly Low-Carb energy drinks, coffee, and the occasional very lean turkey burger. Nothing else tastes particularly good.

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2011, 5:20 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
aspardon wrote:
SyphonFilter wrote:

And I fukin hate eating.

Lots of shakes, eh? My diet consists of mostly Low-Carb energy drinks, coffee, and the occasional very lean turkey burger. Nothing else tastes particularly good.

you aint gonna gain weight liek that lol

I have shakes like whey protein + bananas+ cream + coconut

I have 8 egg omlette

I have 1/2 pound meat and veggies

etc..

trojan51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2011, 8:48 pm

Im 6'2" and 165, the most ive gotten to is 170, which was due to me eating ALOT! I do have alot of muscle but i still look skinny, but i dont look horribly skinny. I was only 160 when i finished high school.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 2:24 pm

i envy you guys talking about being too skinny (and your height being so tall)

i wish i could trade with you guys give you guys some of my fatness and you give me a little of your height

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 3:28 pm

I weight around 120 and I eat and I am skinny. I don't starve myself anymore. Yay breast feeding. I now need to eat so I won't keep shrinking. But of course I am sure my body would still stop shrinking at one point because all our bodies are set to be at a certain weight. You stop losing weight when you get to a certain number on the scale because that is where your body wants to be. But I just don't want to be below 120 and look like a anorexic.

And I'm 5 '7' BTW.