Is anyone else really interested in health?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Are you interested in health?
yes, but only somewhat 27%  27%  [ 7 ]
yes, very 62%  62%  [ 16 ]
no, not really 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
no, not at all 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 26

LOOKOUTLanie
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2011, 8:53 pm

I'm really interested in health, especially in learning about different conditions, and get told all the time that I'm obsessing over it and that I talk about it too much. Is anyone else this interested in it?

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 10:17 pm

Yes, I seem to have some diagnostic talent, but becoming a doctor is a lot of work. Perhaps someday, I will get there.

But they do not have me

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 11:50 pm

it behooves all of us to take an interest in our own health as well as the health of our communities and nations and the world as a whole.

HalibutSandwich
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2011, 4:07 am

Yes. Especially after the dangerous life I've lived and it's all catching up to me now, I need to read up about that lump in my groin etc. Doctors are about as much help as they have been with my Aspergers. So I goowiki everything for myself.

Years ago I did organic chem at uni. When I came back to live at my parents after my life caved in, all their friends used to ask me medical advice for everything under the sun. When they realized I was more interested in creating the substances that cause a lot of these life-threatening problems, rather than treating the symptoms, they stopped asking advice, lol.

BTW, why does WP insist on hiding poll results until you've voted. A quick logout, re-login gets me want I want to know.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 9:31 am

No, not at all.
It's too much work and anxiety to concern myself with what is healthy or not.
Healthy food is too expensive, it cuts into my cigarette budget. Not to mention fruits & vegetables keep going bad on me.
And exercise just makes me tired. Too much will make me hurt the next day.

I just figure I'll live however long I live, we all have to die at some point. I'd rather enjoy a shorter life than live an extended life of deprivation and obsessive control.

BTW: I'm 100% serious in this post, I'm not being sarcastic.
I really mean it when I say "Healthy food is too expensive, it cuts into my cigarette budget."
I vaguely sense there might be something weird with that statement, but I am THAT addicted to cigarettes. I'll buy smokes before I buy food.

Diagnosed in 2005

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 10:13 am

Apera wrote:
Yes, I seem to have some diagnostic talent, but becoming a doctor is a lot of work. Perhaps someday, I will get there.

I highly approve of your avatar, Apera.

To answer the question, I am really rather interested in all sorts of neurological, mental, and personality "disorders" as well as human psychology in general. It's a fascinating topic. I doubt I'll ever practice it in any professional capacity, though.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Dec 2011, 10:47 am

[Moved from Computers, Math, Science, and Technology to Health, Fitness, and Sports]

aspiefeminist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Feb 2012, 12:09 am

YES!

I think anatomy and physiology are super fun and so my boyfriend bought me the big illustrated human body book as a present. I also find rare disorders and things like that fascinating.

Also, due to my body always malfunctioning in some way, I have learned a lot about ways the body can go wrong from understanding what is going on in my own body.

MusicMama
Raven
Raven

29 Feb 2012, 10:29 am

Yes! Very interested! That interest and interests in pregnancy and birth are helping me through midwifery school right now :)

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm

I am obsessed with health too, although it's mostly psychiatry nowadyas. But still enjoy learning about rare diseiases and syndromes.