Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

cnidocyte
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2011, 4:52 am

Anyone else here do Muay Thai? On top of it being an excellent form of exercise and increasing your agility, stamina, strength, reflexes and just about every other physical trait it is one of the most effective fighting styles known to man which is why you often see pure Muay Thai fighters in MMA fights. There was a club around the corner from my house but since I moved house there are no clubs anywhere near me so I have to settle for boxing (which also has a lot of the benefits of MT).

Markmagnum
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2011, 6:31 pm

I love Muay Thai. I train in MT,boxing,kick boxing and jiu jitsu at my local boxing gym. It is an awesome martial art, and I enjoy watching Muay Thai and K1 kickboxing fights on youtube. Although it hurts like a b***h, the training is worth it.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 1:56 am

Markmagnum wrote:
I love Muay Thai. I train in MT,boxing,kick boxing and jiu jitsu at my local boxing gym. It is an awesome martial art, and I enjoy watching Muay Thai and K1 kickboxing fights on youtube. Although it hurts like a b***h, the training is worth it.

In what way does it hurt that bad? I am training in it, and yes all of the abs and core exercises burn and you have to keep pushing yourself, but other than that are you kicking coconut trees?

Sparring hurts sometimes like when someone gets me with a nice shot that I didn't block. And generally I do get banged up quite a bit sometimes with bruises, but it really doesn't hurt that much.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 1:21 pm

boxing is baaaad for your head. i guess it depends how often you get hit and how hard but there is enough evidence out there for me to never ever want to box or header a football

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 1:25 pm

If you're talking about Muay Thai in reference to standing-bag workouts yeah, that and JKD can be great striking body-mechanics and coordination. As for cardio though - I'm not entirely sure, seems like the longer you've done it the more relaxed you are and the workout load really doesn't change significantly.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin