Another NHL lockout on the horizon!! !!

Page 3 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:50 am

Anyone following the EIHL? Started going to a few games and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. :)

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 2:16 pm

I hadn't even heard of this league. I did just check the AHL, ( the NHL's minor league) and they aren't locked out either. I'm currently looking for the closest team. Unfortunately Philadelphia lost the Phantoms to another city. They play in Glens Falls NY. :roll:

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

18 Sep 2012, 5:53 pm

I will probably watch junior hockey online well I wait for them to solve the lockout.

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 3:59 am

GreyGirl wrote:
I hadn't even heard of this league.

Sorry, should of said. EIHL = Elite Ice Hockey League - UK equivalent of NHL.
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 8:35 am

I can't stand this anymore, so many leagues go into a lockout. They don't think the fans will start getting tired of it. I say everytime they do this. We pull a strike of our own. ex * MLB 94-95 *

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 10:41 am

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
I can't stand this anymore, so many leagues go into a lockout. They don't think the fans will start getting tired of it. I say everytime they do this. We pull a strike of our own. ex * MLB 94-95 *

Already done! It doesn't hurt that the Oilers are flat out the worst team for three years now and my local Junior team is going for a national title this year. I won't be in any rush to return to the NHL, at least this season.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 7:54 am

Canaspie wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Canaspie wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
GreyGirl wrote:
Bad news. Reliable insider info. NO season. We can hope for a change, but this looks BAD. :cry: :hockey: :cry:
(Leaving "insider" name out. Info was obtained "off the record". Unfortunately this is a reliable source.)

I'm not surprised at all, this is the second time Bettman has allowed a lockout to happen under his watch. * 04-05 season *

You know, normally people would be fired for such incompetence. :x

Third time actually - don't forget 1994.

It's not simply Bettman's fault though. He doesn't lock out the players - the owners do. If the owners wanted to, they could tell Bettman to agree to a deal at any time, however they don't because he's doing what they want him to.
I still blame Bettman for the most part. His southern expansions were really f***ing stupid and his stubbornness is why the NHL's management is so horrible. Those markets will collapse under their own weight and this lockout will only make it worse.

I don't disagree. My only point is that if the owners didn't like what he was doing, they could fire him. The fact they choose not to indicates that either he's doing what they told him to, or he's managed to convince them (somehow) that he's doing a good job.
Yeah true.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 8:43 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

Already done! It doesn't hurt that the Oilers are flat out the worst team for three years now and my local Junior team is going for a national title this year. I won't be in any rush to return to the NHL, at least this season.

The Stars are not exactly the best either, but I would still like to go to a game.

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

26 Sep 2012, 10:08 am

I will go and see some games when it is all over. I may be frusturated now but I can't see myself boycotting the league for very long.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 11:16 am

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
The Stars are not exactly the best either, but I would still like to go to a game.

I suppose if I lived in an NHL city. I live a LONG way from Edmonton (or any NHL city for that matter) and the prices are out of this world for this single AS guy who's chronically underemployed! Since I work in the morning and Oilers games are so late coming on I usually can only watch on the weekends anyway. I used to be a fanatical NHL fan but now I'm casual at best. Love the sport with all my heart (duh!) but not a huge fan of the pro game.

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 11:23 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

I suppose if I lived in an NHL city. I live a LONG way from Edmonton (or any NHL city for that matter) and the prices are out of this world for this single AS guy who's chronically underemployed! Since I work in the morning and Oilers games are so late coming on I usually can only watch on the weekends anyway. I used to be a fanatical NHL fan but now I'm casual at best. Love the sport with all my heart (duh!) but not a huge fan of the pro game.

You're complaining about the Oilers prices? You should see what they charge here for games in Toronto...and our team's as bad as yours.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 8:42 am

Canaspie wrote:
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

You're complaining about the Oilers prices? You should see what they charge here for games in Toronto...and our team's as bad as yours.

Yeah, I heard Leafs tickets are expensive if not the most expensive in the league.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 9:32 am

With no other hockey to talk about really, how about comparing ticket prices.

The Flyers are my "boys". Before the last lockout, all lower level, face value $89 even ice row. Not sure about upper level.

After the last lockout the prices jumped to this!
They saved about 30 MILLION in team salary, AND raised prices! :?

ImageImage

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 8:42 pm

Well, you are forgetting airfare to Edmonton isn't cheap either. The closest NHL city is Montreal so it isn't exactly cheap. I can't understand how people can afford to go to these games. For crying out loud where to people get the money? I can get season tickets in Junior for the price of attending one NHL game!

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 8:53 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Well, you are forgetting airfare to Edmonton isn't cheap either. The closest NHL city is Montreal so it isn't exactly cheap. I can't understand how people can afford to go to these games. For crying out loud where to people get the money? I can get season tickets in Junior for the price of attending one NHL game!

Tell me about it. The only time I've ever been to a game was when a guy I know got Leafs tickets for free through his work and invited me to go with him. Sat in the corner of the arena, about 15-20 rows up, in seats valued at $200 a piece. Even the cheapest seats are $55. The most expensive seats in the ACC? $450 for one game.

In comparison, I've been to a few Junior games. Always sat in the front row, right against the glass, for $20. Much better deal.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 9:49 pm

I live no more than 20 min from the arena where the Flyers play. My husband and I used to save all year to go to one game. On the ice. There is a ticket agency we would go through. They knew us and would throw in VIP parking and everything. Now, even if there was a season, we couldn't afford the seats. Three years in a row we sat section 103, row 1 for one game.
Oh well at least I have some great pics. If anyone is a fan of Brodeur, I have a great shot I can send you.