Another NHL lockout on the horizon!! !!

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2012, 11:59 am

I am lucky that the Coyotes have some of the cheapest tickets in the league. I get to see a lot of games because of that. Unfortunatley the Coyotes still don't get enough support even with such great deals.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 4:05 pm

neerdowell wrote:
I am lucky that the Coyotes have some of the cheapest tickets in the league. I get to see a lot of games because of that. Unfortunatley the Coyotes still don't get enough support even with such great deals.

Phoenix is a weird hockey town. * no offense * Every year it does things that make you question whar's going on.

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2012, 2:07 pm

I live here and can't figure it out. It is funny going to games seems to be where all the Canadians who live here go. We all have our favorite teams from growing up and we slowly grow to love the Coyotes. It still makes me mad that we can't support the team especially sice they have been in the playoffs for the past three seasons.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 10:00 pm

neerdowell wrote:
I live here and can't figure it out. It is funny going to games seems to be where all the Canadians who live here go. We all have our favorite teams from growing up and we slowly grow to love the Coyotes. It still makes me mad that we can't support the team especially sice they have been in the playoffs for the past three seasons.

Like I said Phoenix is a weird hockey town. :?

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 6:36 pm

All games cancelled through October 24th...disgusted with both sides now

<---- note removal of Leafs from avatar. I'm just going to ignore everything to do with this league until both sides come to their senses.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 6:54 am

Canaspie wrote:

<---- note removal of Leafs from avatar. I'm just going to ignore everything to do with this league until both sides come to their senses.

I've noticed in the dressing room before I play NOBODY is talking about the NHL at all like they usually do. Perhaps this lockout is enough for people to realize hockey is more than just the NHL. The league might have survived losing one season but losing two in such a short period of time (especially when the average joe is really struggling) can't be a good thing.

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 6:57 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Canaspie wrote:

I've noticed in the dressing room before I play NOBODY is talking about the NHL at all like they usually do. Perhaps this lockout is enough for people to realize hockey is more than just the NHL. The league might have survived losing one season but losing two in such a short period of time (especially when the average joe is really struggling) can't be a good thing.

Bingo. I've noticed it here too...it's not even that people are talking about the lockout instead, the NHL has just disappeared from conversation.

The league will survive though. However, a lot of teams in the States won't. The small-market teams, who rely on money from casual fans, may never recover. When people weren't big fans to begin with, and they're struggling financially...if the season is lost I see at least a couple current teams disappearing withing 2-3 years.

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 9:59 pm

Well, a smaller league would also mean a higher level of hockey with the stars being spread out among fewer teams. I am satisfied with the product now when they actually decide to play hockey but I would much rather see a league that actually plays every year and if that happens to mean better hockey as well, it's a win-win.

Hard to believe we're going through this again. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Kind of reminds me of when a rich person dies and all the greedy heirs fight so hard over the money that the lawyers wind up with it all. :x

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 8:28 am

What I can't figure out is, why couldn't the league at least let the season resume under the old CBA. While working on the new CBA. That way the fans arn't cheated, and the CBA can still be worked on. * I guess hindsight is only 20/20 :? *

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
What I can't figure out is, why couldn't the league at least let the season resume under the old CBA. While working on the new CBA. That way the fans arn't cheated, and the CBA can still be worked on. * I guess hindsight is only 20/20 :? *

That's a clever trick the NHLPA has employed by suggesting that.

The reason the NHL can't do that is that, if hockey continues to play, the NHLPA has no reason to attempt to negotiate a new deal, since they're quite happy with the current one. So, nothing would get accomplished until next year, when the whole scenario would repeat itself. This is the same reason that no real negotiating happened before August - there wasn't enough incentive.

While that would be an ideal solution in a perfect world, the reality is that it is not feasible.