Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 2:49 pm

One of my friends said my hair color is dark.....I had blonde hair when I was a baby. My parents say my hair is not dark but 'dirty blonde' and hazel nut however my brother described my hair as jet black and very dark brown. throughout the years my hair has been described these colours

Jet black
Reddish
Hazel nut
Brunnete
Dirty blonde
Dark blonde
Brown
Dark brown
Very dark brown
Brownish
Mulitcoloured
Medium brown

Its strange cause my mum described my hair as Dark in the past but now she is saying I am dark blonde...?

Based on these comments what my true hair color be? Only a few months ago my mum way saying I had long dark hair. I am 23 by the way

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 5:02 pm

The solution is simple - shave your head!

OK, next problem please?

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

Why is shaving my head a solution_?

Do you think its funny how my hair can be described so many colours

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 5:24 pm

No, not funny at all. The colour probably depends on how much sunlight you have been exposed to, as well as the type of ambient lighting. Too, the colour can change somewhat with age. I was just saying that shaving would eliminate the issue of what color it is. Sorry if this offended you. It wasn't intended as an insult. :( My apologies.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 5:46 pm

Do people have different perceptions of hair color? Strange cause my parents say my hair is not dark yet my brother and one of my friends say my hair is dark brown....

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 5:52 pm

There may perception issues. I don't know for sure. My wife calls some colours orange, that I call red.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 6:19 pm

Do u think there maybe IF my hair is getting lighter that it could be because I am going gray quite young? Even though I do not come from a gray haired family my great grandfathers hair went gray prematurely cause of the stress of fighting in world war 1. I go through a lot of stress in my life.

Just saying perhaps my parents might not realize that I am going through the early stages of gray hair? They might mistake graying for me going blonder. Certainly 6 years ago my hair looked darker than it does now

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 3:41 pm

I have pulled 3 different hairs from my head all on the same day and they were all different. One was very fine and blonde, one was medium-textured and red, and the last one was very coarse and dark brown. :? I had reddish-blonde hair as a young kid, but now it's a sort of dark-blonde/light brown non-color.