Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

22 Sep 2012, 10:46 am

...one of my favorite sports, although YMMV whether it's too slow for you. While I have not golfed a whole game IRL, I have done plenty of rounds of golf in VG land; and let me tell ya, I am a tad sub-par. I don't know how I'd do IRL, since I have never done so as I have said.

I love it. It's very leisurely and relaxed, and a nice sport to socialize. Plus, one of my fave movies is Happy Gilmore, which has to do with golf......... so that's got another thing going for it for me. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2012, 5:49 pm

I play golf, and have AS.

158 of 200 Aspergers.
58 of 200 Nt

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 9:18 am

I've been golfing (badly) for years and can say my lack of coordination and motor skills makes it highly unpredictable at best. Anyone who is a real golfer cringes when they see me swing.

But, I do enjoy getting out for nine holes a few times a year, preferably on a par 3 course. About 25% of my swings actually result in a half decent shot - the rest being duds. But, I mostly enjoy it, walking the course (instead of a cart) and just getting out.

I have one rule though - the scorecard stays in the golf bag. I don't care what my score is (probably can't count that high anyhow :? ), just want to try to enjoy the game.

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

04 Oct 2012, 10:22 am

Good attitude, you don't have to be good at golf to be a golfer, and you can work on your coordination and motor skills simply by playing golf. I teach it and have seen people make dramatic improvements to their wellbeing and health simply by concentrating on every shot.

158 of 200 Aspergers.
58 of 200 Nt

Appleisbetter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2012, 8:47 pm

I have found if you don't mind playing in winter when the weather is not so good you can play by your self I find this to be great fun. In Australia we seem to have a lot of golf coarses for our population. :lol:

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 4:10 pm

I hate golf. Except for disc golf. 8)

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

11 Oct 2012, 4:13 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
I hate golf. Except for disc golf. 8)

You hate golf? that's pretty daft, what's golf done to you? You haven't even tried it. Disc golf has nothing to do with real golf.

158 of 200 Aspergers.
58 of 200 Nt

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm

I'm a golf (and tennis) widow. :duh: My husband spends all weekend every weekend watching golf. And I have tried. The ball fell off the tee, I had to let go of the club to put it back on and couldn't remember the weird, unnatural grip. I managed to hit it about 20 yards. :oops: Besides, it's too expensive, and the municipal course near us is too crowded.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:10 pm

I play golf occasionally. I had lessons in the past and was actually halfway decent, but I didn't keep it up. Now I'm only 50% good...in that half my shots are actually really nice and the other half I either miss or they go into the woods lol. To really be good at it, it takes a pretty big commitment...it's mostly about muscle memory. There's a surprisingly large amount of factors that go into having a good swing.

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

12 Oct 2012, 5:11 pm

sorry that you didn't keep up the golf, it would be good for your marriage, but it does take time. Normally allow for 3 months of regular practise to get anywhere, but why did you let go of the club? I have seen worse..lol.

158 of 200 Aspergers.
58 of 200 Nt

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

12 Oct 2012, 5:16 pm

You sound like a good player with natural ability. Shame you don't take regular lessons,once a month is enough. Btw muscles don't have memory, that's an old myth...but you brain remembers the movements, that's why I can't even drink a half pint of beer before playing, my memory is dreadful and my balance is then completely out of sorts.
It does take immense commitment but then we have patience anyway.what with us being aspies.
My best score was 7 under for 18 holes, twice. but that was a while ago, what about yours?

158 of 200 Aspergers.
58 of 200 Nt

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 12:55 pm

davidgolfpro wrote:
sorry that you didn't keep up the golf, it would be good for your marriage, but it does take time. Normally allow for 3 months of regular practise to get anywhere, but why did you let go of the club? I have seen worse..lol.

If I win the lottery anytime soon, I'll take golf and tennis lessons. And find someone else to play with. My snooty hubby won't waste his time with anyone less than expert.

I had to let go of the club to pick the ball up--either that or try to pick it up with my toes. :lol:

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2012, 1:32 pm

golf can be cheap, no need to win lottery.

158 of 200 Aspergers.
58 of 200 Nt

melcooley
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Dec 2012, 6:09 am

I used to like to play in the rain. The rain muffles sound. Very peaceful. The course is
usually empty except for retired guys in carts with towels hanging from their belts wearing
ten year old shoes that have never been shined. And if the rain stops and the sun
emerges from the clouds ........ magical. My best score .. 79 (with 7 three putts).

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2012, 6:18 am

When i was 15 I play at sunrise, and watched the sun look like a golden burning apple. I practised till dark, and then carried on with the clubhouse lights on so I could keep putting.
In the Winter I hit shots all day, clearing snow away and using orange balls, my hands split and bled , but it did not deter me, I loved it.

My best score was 63 gross for 18 holes in a competition.

158 of 200 Aspergers.
58 of 200 Nt