Anyone else tired of eating junk food and soft drinks?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 2:51 pm

I ate junk and processed foods and McDonalds like all other kids my age back then. I still have stone tolerance for that type of stuff but now I am slowly getting tired of eating that stuff. Pop is too sugary and fast food is-well i don't know about fast food. But here we usually eat the stuff a little more than once or twice a year. My mom tells me I shouldn't try to give it all up and keep it in moderation. I'm tired of the constant prevalence of junk they call food and drink. Does anybody else feel this way?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 8:12 pm

it's good you're weaning yourself off of that junk. :thumright:

as for me, i'm not sick of soft drinks. because i never started drinking them.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 8:47 pm

I'm not actually weaning it off right now, how can I tell my parents I don't want the junk anymore or at least buy the healthier options off the menu.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 7:42 pm

"Hey parents, I don't want to eat so much junk. Could we have more healthy food, please?"

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 9:27 pm

Moderation is what you should use if you like it in the first place. :wink:

I started feeling much better once I improved my diet. I'll eat out a couple times a month and occasionally bring home soda or cupcakes, but I don't even keep chips at home at this point. You could make a case about how much better you feel when you're eating more nutritious foods. Some people are more sensitive to it than others. For every person who feels fine eating McDonald's, there's one who feels under the weather if they're not getting enough water or greens.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 9:52 pm

Moderation is important, or otherwise cut it out of your diet altogether. I largely avoid junk food these days, but I find that if I'm a bit too lenient on having an occasional snack I'll wind up addicted again and eating it every day. I have pretty poor self-control though, so do what works best for you.

Boudewijn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2014, 3:19 pm

I used to buy fizzy drinks regularly, but eventually stopped almost without thinking, and I don't miss them at all now, although I do still get my sugar rushes from other products (chocolate and fruit juice mainly). I found giving up burgers quite easy too, but I still sometimes buy other fast good when I'm out (like burritos).

AlexanderDantes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2014, 2:30 am

I never have junk food or soda, even diet soda. If I did, I wouldn't have a great set of muscles and abdominals.

Your body will adapt, I eat broccoli, peas, lentils and other plant based foods that are rich in protein. You have to find healthy friends and stop being around people that enjoy Nando's or partying, you need to be around people that are motivated to get in great shape.

Learn to love green. :)

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 8:08 pm

It makes me sick. Literally. My gut goes into rebellion, and 12-24 hours after a fast-food meal I end up in the bathroom while my gut purges itself from both ends. So, no: I don't eat fast food any more.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 4:31 am

I don't eat any fast food, junk food, or pop. I can't remember the last time I drank a pop.. it's gotta be a few years at least.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 5:16 am

I decided to stop eating junk food/anything processed about 4 years ago, it was making me feel generally ill. It takes longer to prepare raw/unprocessed ingredients, but my health is better, and that's worth the extra effort.

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2014, 3:01 am

I started limiting my junk food and other stuff ever since July, and my life's been better since, not to mention I'm in much better shape. I've relapsed at times but otherwise stable.

Actually, I'm on an acne-free diet (AKA no dairy, no certain vegetable oils, no gluten, and no sugar) so I'm not at all supposed to eat any junk food till my face cleans up.

Also, you start to notice how much healthy food tastes better than junk food.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 8:45 pm

Hansgrohe wrote:
Also, you start to notice how much healthy food tastes better than junk food.

QFT.

bofhgirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Dec 2014, 10:07 pm

Once I started weight training, I got into the whole "Paleo" diet thing. After some time I noticed how much better good food tastes. Every so often I'll have a soda or a candy and my immediate reaction is "blech".

These days my vices are Breyer's Natural Vanilla ice cream, and red wine. Compared to the stuff I used to eat as a kid, I think that's a huge improvement.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 3:51 am

Yeah I've been backing off of junk food for the most part, rarely eat chips or candy and have overall been trying to lead a more healthy lifestyle. I'm even going to the gym at my college, something I thought I'd never do. I do fail epicly on pop though, specifically Mountain Dew. It's a full fledged addiction to its high levels of caffeine at this point. I think I on average drink three cans a day. Must be doing hell to my bowels. I need to find a way to stop.

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2014, 4:19 am

quit all that this past year. Kicked milk, cheese, cakes, cookies and pastries, soda pop. Eat wild salmon 3 times a week miso soup, 100 ounces water per day. No coffee, no alcohol.. No more red meat. Trying very hard to change my life.