Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 3:34 pm

I have been taking somminex herbal tablets now since January every night.

Are they really bad for me since they are a drug?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 3:47 pm

I prefer natural herbal supplements instead of the drug varieties, BUT I know that some supplements can interact dangerously with other drugs.

An online Multi-Drug Interaction Checker is available (http://reference.medscape.com/drug-interactionchecker) but, you should check with your pharmacist and physician before combining any drugs and supplements.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 8:55 pm

I don't usually trust anyone elses' herbal blends. Odds are they're perfectly safe but what I know is that you'll sleep better when you begin studying individual herbs on their own; I like Valerian, Eleuthero, Lavender, Hops & veggie-sourced melatonin tablets (3mg), but when your homework truly begins you'll probably find compounds suited best to you. Kava-kava is another favorite of mine, it's a muscle relaxant.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 5:37 pm

I don't know what it is.