Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Pizzagal3000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2015, 1:58 am

Anyone around here believe in the power of thinking positively?

I see nothing but threads on here that seem to be meant to only start crude arguments with others and offend people, even when the author of the thread lies thru their teeth and state specifically that they mean to offend no one by it. Reminds me of somekind of backwards reverse psychology from pseudo-science or something. :S

Anyways, anyone think positively on here? If not, did it ever occur to you guys that, that may be the reason ya'll feel so depressed?

I know people have very bad things going on in their life they more than likely have zero control over(like facing rejection because of social status, race, gender, sexuality, disabilty, etc for example). But that is no reason to be so sad and apathetic day in and day out. You DO have the power to change YOUR own perception of reality.

Also, I know that herbs can help far more than prescription drugs or any drug for that matter. Most people who doubt the effectiveness of herbs have NEVER used them before. I find that very ignorant and ironic. At least I have had years of experience with medical drugs, so I can talk about that. But most nay-sayers about herbs will doubt its power in a heartbeat. I have no idea why. I mean, you guys say you want to get better, but when someone like me comes along and tries to offer you the advice you are in search of, you shoot me down. So I think most of you guys are so used to being chronically depressed, that it feels "normal" to you and that part of you knows its not but the other part wants to stay that way becuse you are so used to it and are afraid of change.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2015, 8:47 am

Pizzagal3000 wrote:
Anyone around here believe in the power of thinking positively?

I see nothing but threads on here that seem to be meant to only start crude arguments with others and offend people, even when the author of the thread lies thru their teeth and state specifically that they mean to offend no one by it. Reminds me of somekind of backwards reverse psychology from pseudo-science or something. :S

Anyways, anyone think positively on here? If not, did it ever occur to you guys that, that may be the reason ya'll feel so depressed?

I know people have very bad things going on in their life they more than likely have zero control over(like facing rejection because of social status, race, gender, sexuality, disabilty, etc for example). But that is no reason to be so sad and apathetic day in and day out. You DO have the power to change YOUR own perception of reality.

Also, I know that herbs can help far more than prescription drugs or any drug for that matter. Most people who doubt the effectiveness of herbs have NEVER used them before. I find that very ignorant and ironic. At least I have had years of experience with medical drugs, so I can talk about that. But most nay-sayers about herbs will doubt its power in a heartbeat. I have no idea why. I mean, you guys say you want to get better, but when someone like me comes along and tries to offer you the advice you are in search of, you shoot me down. So I think most of you guys are so used to being chronically depressed, that it feels "normal" to you and that part of you knows its not but the other part wants to stay that way becuse you are so used to it and are afraid of change.

I think its a matter of, this is one of the few outlets people with our condition have (mind you, half the population still thinks its called "ass-burgers." not really the people we can talk to..)

as far as positive thinking... maybe our consumer society has conditioned us to focus only on wants, our deprivations rather than our strengths, that being said, aspie tend to be devalued in the workforce and elsewhere despite the fact that our strength can be quite amazing once given the opportunity. just, opportunity is lax right now, and their is pressure to be rated as NTs rather than aspies. logically its not something we can control, thus worrying about it is fruitless, so she shouldn't care. the issue is belonging, knowing you have value, despite your difference, and knowing that you have value to others as well. community basically. our society has no outlet for that. so we come here instead.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 11:10 pm

I think as positively as I can.

I've read many books about positive thinking.

I've also used herbs, extensively, to treat & manage my symptoms. I shared that story here on WP over a year ago and the reaction, in general, was that people here didn't believe me.. that herbs/probiotics have helped minimize my symptoms & I'm pretty much living a second life for it. So, I get your frustration with the naysayers around here.. that's for sure.