Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 2:41 pm

I was just at the dentist and it's a new dentist to me anyway. I was there to get a crown repaired or replaced from a work injury. He said this new one will be permanent since it'll be covering my whole tooth instead of being a patch-job. He also noticed that on an adjoining tooth, I had some decay there that's noticeable if I were to show others my teeth. I mentioned I don't have any dental insurance any we're on a fixed income. I thought he was trying to fast-talk me into getting that repaired as well and have them bill me so I was thinking "how much is that gonna run me?" but when I got to the receptionist's desk, she said that the doctor brought it down from like $2-hundred something to $100 even. I'm like, WOW!

So, I get this chip taken care of forever and my favorite tooth gets to be restored! The appointment isn't for another month or so. Oh, and he noticed that my other front tooth is kinda uneven from me biting my nails for so long. He's gonna file that down and polish it up for me.

Awesome! I love it when this kind of thing happens!

krex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 5:18 pm

That is cool. My dentist is also like that...always trying to find ways to make the procedure cost less and throwing in free stuff. I lthink he is awesome. I also think it is because he knows I'm poor and am aspie(his sister works with AS people). I think it is good to share stories of "nice" people because there are so many stories of the ones who aren't.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/