Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 12:34 am

A couple of years ago, my mother started getting poofy feet and ankles on occasion. She gets diahrea at least once a month. Not painful, mind you. Most times, she wasn't sore from it. Now, I don't drink out of the water pitcher in the fridge, because my mother seems to think it doesn't need cleaning because "it's just water", in a way. Besides, I prefer tap water for the temperature. I never had this swelling problem till tonight. (oh my! :( ) Recently, our AC broke down, because sorry excuses for repair men didn't replace it with a new one.

They replaced the motor, with another broken motor. Which is stupid. We both were angry, and sweating alot on Saturday, rather than enjoying it. I filled the pitcher Saturday, and goodness sakes, drank enough water from it. Sure enough, I went into the bathroom just now, and noticed my foot looking like her's did in the past few times. Not huge swelling, but it swelled, and that really bugs me! I really want to know why this is happening! This puffiness needs to stop. I'm worried it might be parasites or bacteria.

For some reason, it prefers the the ankles and sometimes the knees, but never above there. I know gravity could be playing a part in the reason this swelling is aimed at the lower limbs. If anyone has knowledge or experiance about this, please share info. I will wash the pitcher tomarrow. After that, I will try to remember to clean it every week end, and see if anything stops. I hope there is no more swelling.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 5:14 am

One thing that has that effect is candida. Usually you get it from taking too many antibiotics - candida is naturally part of your body but ab's kill the good bacteria that keeps it under control. Unfortunately, there are a few other ways of getting "out of control" candida, and one of them is drinking bad water.

Once it builds up, you start to have VERY regular issues, it starts about monthly, then eventually moves weekly.

The way to kill it is to go on a sugar-starved diet.

No Sugar, No Gluten, No milk, No Wheat, No Fungus, No fruit (which contains fruitcose) for 3 months. At the same time, you need to be taking Garlic and Acidophilis (the powder).

After 3 months, you should have knocked the candida levels down to a manageble level and built up enough good bacteria to keep them under control.

Good luck... oh and check with a nutritionist first... because I'm only guessing based on a couple of symptoms.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 9:25 am

I will try to cut the sugar. thanks