Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 3:25 pm

Anyone ever had intercostal strain? I've had it for probably a year now, it varies in severity but it never completely disappeared. I've taken up to a month off from training but i seem to re-injure it or something because it keeps coming back. It never gets so bad that I have to stop training, it's really just an annoyance, but it really gets annoying sometimes. Anyone have any tips?

AnnaLemma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2009, 6:13 pm

When I was training for tris and swimming a lot, I got it somehow. I hadn't done much swimming before and overtraining was all too easy. I'm afraid all they suggested was ice at first, later heat. Honestly, I just used whichever made it feel better.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 8:16 pm

Luckily I get free massages during the fall semester since I'm on the varsity rowing team, so that should help if it isn't better by then. I've only really got 2 and a half weeks of rowing before then since our last competition (a 4 or 5 day regatta) starts the tuesday after next week so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I think it was my cold that aggravated it this time, I was coughing really heavily.