Page 33 of 33 [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2024, 12:56 pm

babybird wrote:
I'm so used to being disappointed with people that I spend my time just waiting to be disappointed

I must change this about myself

People can inadvertantly , draw to themselves things that they are familiar with instead of new and better experiences.
Have people in my life that without being obvious , warned me of this possible tendency.. So .. at the very laid back coffee shop that that I used to suck up their free wifi for years , Would serrepticiously enterain, myself , Slyly people watching . And sipping coffee .. cheap entertainment and allowed myself to still feel as if,I were still part of humanity.
And gained much knowledge on coffee, thanks to slow days there, where the owner allowed me to do a few cuppings with him.( coffee sampling in tiny espresso cups). But occassionally someone might ask me, if there was a coffee, i liked better than others . And , not pressing the conversation, high level Masking, was accomplished. And seemed people saw me as non threatening. And time passed and eventually it seemed as if by only making breif suggestions to people they started engaging me in breif conversations, all the while appearing busy on the internet, Helped me alittle with multitasking too....But that was a very helpful crutch.. Besides coffee in a smaller comfortable environment , gives a tiny piece of social lubrication.. Instead of being drunk in a bar..Both of which, i have bern involved in at one time or another. Seems more intelligent thought occurs in coffee places that are low demand,imho.
And as always Personalchange. seemed to require a good bit of commitment :heart: Time and effort. :roll: :D
And as with everything , i had to learn to make allowances for disappointments with people regardless
.(.part of learning) .. And no longer had ecpectations of good experiences/ with Peeps , but seems the minor effect coffee had on me and my willingness not to just sit about the house all by myself ,to go out ,Enjoy the coffee. :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2024, 1:14 pm

Thanks for that Jakki. It was a nice little insight

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2024, 8:30 pm

Very Welcome,, it was just a random thought string, i might share ?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 11:24 am

My shrink has offered something in the way of mediation for me and my dad but after I've thought about it I don't think I'll take him up on it

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 10:55 pm

Demystifying stuff for myself. :P

The images of professionalism and stability -- how did they do it?
The seemingly smooth sailing and low rates of error -- how did they do it?
Lives that suddenly turned around for the better -- how did they do it?
The seemingly overwhelming odds and won over it -- how did they do it?

And other more processes and behind the scene of many things... 'How did they do it?'

Was it actually overwhelming and harder than it looked?
Was it actually easier and the common anxieties were just unfounded?

Was it the norm?
And if it's not, what makes certain people so different?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2024, 8:18 am

Hmmm...

I had a momentary confidence; that lasts for about an hour. Ideas, flooding in; wanting to volunteer, wanting to explore, wanting to learn! More, more, more!! ! Speak up! Tell what is in my mind! Assert ideas!

Then... It dwindled into uncertainty. Somewhat subtle worry, plenty of doubt, stepping down, not wanting to be known... It's like something shut off. Backing off. Pedaling back... Going pessimistic in ways not very natural...

I wonder... What is this ?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2024, 8:41 am

Often found some psyche conditions to be directly related to nourishment in differ3nt areas of the digestive track..
But those issue do not resolve quickly .. and making dietary changes stick for anyone ..practice,practice practice.
Then you go threw withdrawels from the stuff in the foods that you were consuming for Sooo long.. And then , one day occassionally you might start feeling differently , maybe even more clear headed.. But then you feel okay enough, to go back to your old diet.. and it starts all over again , unless you can stick to it and.,it becomes more regular .to feel better.
But then you add your normal blood sugar ups and downs . And figure things are not doing well , and you keep it up.
And hope the better feeling stays .... And you might add food supplements and you hope / or get more traction on those feeling healthier days .. Maybe even taking walks ,that keep your circulation going . Hopefully one day , some cobwebs clear away, and , possibly get that better point if veiw of Life, sense of direction .?
But this is all just an idealistic veiw of life .. occassionally better health can give better mental health outlooks .?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm

When I recall my old online life...
I was very anxious.

And that anxiety was channeled into keeping peace and knowing people.
To do a lot of social initiatives and at risk of becoming nosy and paranoid of what others may think...

And that was over a decade ago.
I was young.

Am I ready to do it again?
Finally grow from there? Grow a metamorphic branch? Evolve a piece of me that was forcedly left behind in cyberspace?

I dreamed of bringing that piece of me IRL, even if it costs me the feeling of safety in apathy and being in the present.

In which will make me closer to being a more idealized version of my autistic self, just more conscientious, more intentional...
And with something at stake, with something to fight for.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 3:01 am

I don't have a problem with confidence.
Confidence is easy for me -- all the failing and hate be damned, I'll do it. I'm not afraid of making a huge fool of myself in a crowd.

No -- I have actual language and communication issue.
I have issues with competence related to my own expressive and receptive language. Doesn't necessarily mean socialization; because there are components that are outside the verbal realm that I excel and had to compensate from that.

What is frustrating was to confuse said people I interact when my intent was to deliver a message or ask a query.
It's one thing to perceive the whole thing and pass it as a joke to laugh at, it's another to having to repeat myself and others, not being a reliable source of information and make undoable mistakes for 'mishearing' or 'misspeaking'.

It's one thing to be "confident", but to commit consistent human error is another and 'not being able to learn' from that.

So no; I don't need a cure to anxiety or acting class.
I don't need a psychiatrist to tell me 'go out there and practice'.
If I have to outdo an extrovert to make a point, so be it -- but that won't fix this particular issue.

I don't need fricking 'confidence'.
What I need is a speech language pathologist and speech therapy to fix whatever this unnatural feeling of verbal processing does to me for the longest time instead; this issue isn't merely in my head, not born from being held back from worry or lack of practice or whatever mental blocks. :roll:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 8:08 am

Must say Edna, from an outside observation point of veiw .. you seriously appear to have a clear grasp of the facts of any drawbacks you may have in socialization skills .. and worded quite well ! 8)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 10:13 pm

The chemically hormonally induced distinguished barrier and an actual distance between me and my conscious, from my overacting inner child and it's overpowering emotions...

... Is so, so sweet. :lol:
This also means...

I can now have the space to think, choose to react and communicate about emotions and feelings like an adult.

Than be overwhelmed fighting how I react , with how the inner child clings, possess, overly control and infects over my being.
Dictating my actions, actions that translates into behaviors that an inner child has -- unfitting to someone my age and experience.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

58 minutes ago

Edna3362 wrote:
The chemically hormonally induced distinguished barrier and an actual distance between me and my conscious, from my overacting inner child and it's overpowering emotions...

This also means...

I can now have the space to think, choose to react and communicate about emotions and feelings like an adult.

Than be overwhelmed fighting how I react , with how the inner child clings, possess, overly control and infects over my being.
Dictating my actions, actions that translates into behaviors that an inner child has -- unfitting to someone my age and experience.

Some people say do not ever let yourself get old.... :D. Sometimes if a oerson can do that , I think , the sense of wonderment might last longer. into adulthoid and somes might bring :mrgreen: a person smiles more often...?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 minutes ago

Jakki wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

This also means...

Some people say do not ever let yourself get old.... :D. Sometimes if a oerson can do that , I think , the sense of wonderment might last longer. into adulthoid and somes might bring :mrgreen: a person smiles more often...?

:| It has nothing to do with age.
It has anything to do with maturity and immaturity.

What I'm talking about when it came to my inner child is not about wonderment and curiosity.
I really, really wish that's the case. After few major burnouts, I'm not sure until when I'll have all that again.

What I'm really talking about is immaturity that entails selfishness, entitlement and irresponsibility. The shite that can turn me into some narcissistic monster because some utter brat is on the driving wheel when it shouldn't.
Which is something I just want to be over with, better if it's for good.