Page 5 of 34 [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 34  Next

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2023, 11:46 pm

I was told by my psychiatrist that I'll be on head meds for the rest of my life. That could be a long time.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 6:58 am

gender dysphoria really, really sucks.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 7:09 am

I like the idea of this kind of random thread.... tempted to start one in "In-Depth Adult Life Discussion", which is more of a graveyard than it should be.

Anxiety makes me procrastinate to a ridiculous degree. I recently put off a medical-related phone call for two months. I've now been trying to write an invoice for the past three days - I don't really know how to do it, and it's very hard to work it out when my brain keeps going "aaaaagh! no! scary! Let's watch YouTube instead."

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 7:11 am

renaeden wrote:
I was told by my psychiatrist that I'll be on head meds for the rest of my life. That could be a long time.

A lot of people need life long psychiatric meds, unfortunately. You are not alone.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Nov 2023, 7:49 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
renaeden wrote:

A lot of people need life long psychiatric meds, unfortunately. You are not alone.
Lots of adults are on various types of long term meds these days. In regards to psych meds specially, those meds are usually long term & more people are getting put on them due to environmental factors that can contribute to developing mental illnesses continuing to get worse. I've been on two of my psych meds for the last 11 years & they really helped a lot after I started them. I assume they are still helping since those issues haven't gotten worse so I plan to stay on those two the rest of my life unless something happens. I don't wanna risk testing if I'd be OK without them. Psych meds are probably harming my physical health in some ways but poorer mental health would probably be a lot worse for my physical health, especially if I killd myself due to screwing up my current relationship.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 9:05 am

nick007 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
renaeden wrote:

Lots of adults are on various types of long term meds these days. In regards to psych meds specially, those meds are usually long term & more people are getting put on them due to environmental factors that can contribute to developing mental illnesses continuing to get worse. I've been on two of my psych meds for the last 11 years & they really helped a lot after I started them. I assume they are still helping since those issues haven't gotten worse so I plan to stay on those two the rest of my life unless something happens. I don't wanna risk testing if I'd be OK without them. Psych meds are probably harming my physical health in some ways but poorer mental health would probably be a lot worse for my physical health, especially if I killd myself due to screwing up my current relationship.

I've been on them since 2007. Being "dependent" bothered me at first, but it became obvious how much better my baseline mental state is with them. Plus the one I've been on for most of that time helps me sleep. I used to be a horrific insomniac - some of my earliest memories are of lying awake until the dawn chorus, in the house we left when I was 4.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 9:38 am

i feel outside of humanity.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 12:30 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
nick007 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
renaeden wrote:

I've been on them since 2007. Being "dependent" bothered me at first, but it became obvious how much better my baseline mental state is with them. Plus the one I've been on for most of that time helps me sleep. I used to be a horrific insomniac - some of my earliest memories are of lying awake until the dawn chorus, in the house we left when I was 4.

I think 15 years or so is a lot more common nowadays than it used to be.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 2:40 pm

I like that with all the hard work I've been doing in therapy I have been able to finally work out how my dissociative disorder started and why I had to develop my inner system. It was such a long long time ago that it's only like a ghost of a memory but a memory nonetheless.

It's so sad. If only I had a time machine I'd go back there and tell little me to run like f*ck and never turn back.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 2:43 pm

babybird wrote:
I like that with all the hard work I've been doing in therapy I have been able to finally work out how my dissociative disorder started and why I had to develop my inner system. It was such a long long time ago that it's only like a ghost of a memory but a memory nonetheless.

It's so sad. If only I had a time machine I'd go back there and tell little me to run like f*ck and never turn back.

I am glad that you are becoming more aware of your own inner self, babybird. :)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 2:51 pm

Thank you. If it wasn't so sad an affair it would be a bit of a Eureka moment.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 3:01 pm

babybird wrote:
Thank you. If it wasn't so sad an affair it would be a bit of a Eureka moment.

Yeah. :|

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2023, 2:55 pm

I wonder if most people have imposter syndrome to some degree

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2023, 4:09 pm

babybird wrote:

I think self doubt is normal. Imposter syndrome is more like the extremes of that spectrum of feeling and thought.

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2023, 8:40 pm

I'm worried I might not actually have imposter syndrome. 8O

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NFLE, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Nov 2023, 8:41 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
babybird wrote:

I think self doubt is normal. Imposter syndrome is more like the extremes of that spectrum of feeling and thought.
My girlfriend might have that. I never knew about that term till I saw it mentioned a while back on WP thou & I haven't researched it much yet. Cass has a history of being good at some things until someone tells her that she did really well or is really good at it & then her performance becomes bad because she believes that her performance can not be very good & that she will never be able to measure up to others expectations. Perhaps this is related to pride or rather her lack of. She was taught growing up that pride is evil.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition