Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 3:12 pm

I have aspergers but my own family accuse me of being 'needy' and too 'dependant' on them.

This is really worrying me because i am a child in a 21 year old mans body and i am worried that i might have 'narcassistic personality disorder' since i show many of the symptoms of the disorder that i have looked up on the internet. Also when i go off on one i sound like a ranting lunatic. i could be in the middle of rant and if a stranger walked in the room i would switch back to being normal. could it just be some teenage problems? I am not very independant or adapted to life.

there are plenty more traits of the disorder i show but i am too ashamed to list them.

can i have some advice on this?

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 3:44 pm

What is this one about? NPD again? You don't have that as we have discussed at least twice before. If you are still concerned then go see a shrink.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 3:49 pm

Sorry its just that i had a horrible bust up with my family tonight.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 3:51 pm

You say that every time you come on here. If you are looking for genuine advice from someone who has had quite a bit of interaction with you on this site - you need to get your own place so you can stop having these fallouts with your family.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2011, 4:32 pm

You don't come across as a narcissist at all, not in here anyway. I don't think a true narcissist would be concerned with being a narcissist. He would probably just think about how awesome he is all day.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 5:20 pm

my younger 18 year old brother attacked me badly earlier tonight and kicked me and punched me around the head non stop

I am not injured though.

my whole family hate me for my repitive behaviour. my brother said to me a few minutes ago "before you were 17 you were normal but when you turned 17 you just turned horrible and progressed back to being a child".

OneLastBreath
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jan 2011, 12:04 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
If you are still concerned then go see a shrink.

I agree, It never works to diagnose yourself. See a doctor in you want answers and help with this one.