Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 8:47 pm

If someone makes me REALLY anxious, I will have a meltdown. Like this morning I got really upset because that neighbour's dog was barking and was worried he wasn't going to stop so I had a meltdown. (I'm glad we're planning on moving in a couple years)

I also have meltdowns when I see this one girl at school who is rude to me.

What could this be? I rarely hurt others during these. It can't be bipolar because I don't the depression states. Most of the disorders that don't involve that tend to involve harm to others.

Does anyone else have this?

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Last edited by ocdgirl123 on 03 Mar 2011, 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 12:46 am

presense of mind is a hard thing to get when it is absent, and a hard thing to keep even when it is present. the only thing i could suggest, would be to learn to look at yourself from the outside, just visualize this- visualize how others would see you when you lose your bearings. then visualize how others would see you if you kept your head while the other things were going on, and note the contrast between the two. keep this in your head, remind yourself of it often, especially when going into a situation fraught with pitfalls.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 6:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
presense of mind is a hard thing to get when it is absent, and a hard thing to keep even when it is present. the only thing i could suggest, would be to learn to look at yourself from the outside, just visualize this- visualize how others would see you when you lose your bearings. then visualize how others would see you if you kept your head while the other things were going on, and note the contrast between the two. keep this in your head, remind yourself of it often, especially when going into a situation fraught with pitfalls.

Nope. Triggers my OCD big time. :(

Thanks for the advice though.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic