Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

JadeEyes
Toucan
Toucan

18 Mar 2011, 8:19 pm

I've been on 2 different antipsychotics for mood control since being diagnosed with AS, and ive found that ive been having really intense, realistic dreams where ive been convinced i was living through them. Sometimes its like going on a "trip" of sorts, but other times ive dreamed that i lost my home or my loved ones to various disasters. Is it the antipsychotics that are causing this?

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2011, 8:21 pm

For me, no. I have weird dreams no matter what though. However if your noticing a connection with the nightmares only occuring while on antipsychotics, then for you they could. Everyone reacts to different meds differently.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 8:25 pm

Antipsychotics (and many other psych meds) are notorious for causing bizarre dreams and nightmares. I am inclined to think that yeah, they are to blame for you dreams.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 8:28 pm

Yes, mine were so bad that I physically felt pain in dreams and ended up detoxing them out of my mystem. I've only been taking St. John's Wort for the past 6 years since.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 9:10 pm

They cause me to have strange dreams, so yeah.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 1:58 am

All three times that I've taken them as a sleeping "med"; once 50 mg, once about 25 mg, and the final time less than 25 mg (never taking them again); I've gotten really intense dreams and/or just nightmares.