Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

CloudBurn
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Aug 2011, 4:22 am

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Type 1 and have parts of my personality on the spectrum as well.

Does anyone deal with blind anger?

There comes a point where I am so angry everything shuts off and I do just about anything without remembering what I have done. I completely have a blank out, even though maybe at that current point I am doing something ridiculous stupid. Like one time in the lunch room cafeteria there was a kid in middle school teasing and being rude to me. Bullying and shoving me around in line.

I don't remember what happened. Just something triggered my anger. The next thing I kind of remember is being in the principal's office talking about hitting a kid with a lunch tray. Pretty sure prick deserved it.

--

I hate my brain it whizzes with so many f*****g ideas. And it never shuts up. I have this like "itch" in the back of my head that drives me off the hat. And sometimes I am angry and I do not know why. I just get angry.

I feel like sometimes my own brain denies me full control of my body and thoughts.

Anyone else?

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 8:40 am

Yes. Happens much less often now that I'm on medicine. Also I'm suspected of having bipolar type 2 but this has not been confirmed by diagnosis.

Used to happen too much. Just like you describe but usually for briefer periods of blanked-outness. And almost never in public.

CloudBurn
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Aug 2011, 4:27 pm

I got a bit of a quick temper. I'm always kind of jittery and spacey. And when say jittery I mean impatient and frustrated. Then someone's gotta do something to send me into rage.

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2011, 5:49 pm

When I get really angry, I start losing my vision, in little flashes. That's how I know that I'm getting ready to lose it. I can easily go from sitting minding my own business, to destroying anything and everything, within seconds. But I generally remember most of what happens, I just physically lose my sight.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

CloudBurn
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Sep 2011, 4:41 am

mb1984 wrote:
When I get really angry, I start losing my vision, in little flashes. That's how I know that I'm getting ready to lose it. I can easily go from sitting minding my own business, to destroying anything and everything, within seconds. But I generally remember most of what happens, I just physically lose my sight.

I always just called my Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Syndrome. Not that I feel my anger is a different person or that there are two me's. Just to other people it may seem that way when I just flip the fudge out.

I'm not sure if I lose sight or lose my memory when I get angry to the point where I just am no longer in control.

AnOldHFA
Raven
Raven

17 Oct 2011, 4:11 pm

It too call my self Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
When something is very wrong and someone is being victimized I change.I usually remember the last straw, then it ends with me depressed and drained.. Depressed because I had no control and no memory of what I did.... I have never hurt anyone badly....

It has only happened a few times. thankfully. it scares me..

When something is wrong, and try to avoid the change by walking away, I have to live with not doing anything and knowing someone was victimized. Then I can't sleep for days and I drives me crazy for weeks.

Back in 2004 I was arrested, but the charge was dropped because it was a felony (against children) that made me snap.
As sick as it is, I'm glad I have it... It scare me, but so far people have thanked on 3 occasions.Only the once was I arrested. They acted shocked when I told them I had no control - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

When I was 4 and my brother was 5, we went through some very bad psychical child abuse. My mind snapped and I remember saying when I get big, it'll never happen to anyone else again.. My brother acts our drunk grandfather... I suspect this is where my mind formed this unusual disorder.

It is different than another blackout I have - this one is followed by complete amnesia. This happens after something traumatic and it is not because of any injury.

I was diagnosed autistic with high IQ and manic depressed in 1969 at age 6. Manic depressed was changed to bi-polar II mania in 2004.

Minds can snap.. I once saw a very upstanding young woman try to kill a sheriff deputy.
It was right after she herd that that officer laughed when he herd the children were killed and he did nothing to save them, leaving them in a very dangerous place..Server trauma can make people violent... So, it can happen to lots of people...

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Oct 2011, 9:57 pm

I get anger episodes ALL THE TIME. They make me pace from one place to the other, talk to myself out loud, and in some occasions, I have punched a wall. In the early 90s, I broke my hand during an anger episode.

They usually start when I remember the past. Things didn't work out the way I wanted them to. I have also allowed a lot of people to hurt me, and I never fought back.

I am addicted to coffee. It probably makes it worse. Or better, if I have ADHD, and I don't know. Who knows?