Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

I do suffer from an extreme anxiety disorder, but it's not that often that I get physical symptoms with it, and when I do it's usually at random times when I'm not specifically feeling anxious about anything in particular. About every 5 to 6 weeks, I have a moment where I come over all queer, like I'm going to be sick. It often happens when I'm in bed, but yesterday it happened just before dinner (which is a bloody awkward time!!) My stomach feels all funny as though my food isn't going to go down, and I go all shakey and I have a cold sweat behind my ears and on the back of my neck and on my feet (strange places, I know) and I feel really sick, and keep worrying that it might be a bug coming (I have Emetophobia). My heart starts beating faster, and I never know what to do. It can last about 5 minutes to 45 minutes, and only happens occasionally, about every 5 to 6 weeks I get an attack of it.

Is this normal? Is it my body trying to fight off something? Is it because I have Emetophobia? I sometimes also get an attack of nausea when I hear someone saying that they had a bug or someone in their family has a bug.
People often say it is anxiety related, and it probably is, but if I had a job interview or something, I wouldn't feel like this at all. I just get butterflies in my stomach and that's about it. But these nausea attacks happen for no reason, even when I'm not thinking about anything that makes me anxious. Does anyone else have this?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 1:58 am

I believe it is emetophobia-related. I speak as someone else with the same phobia. I don't think your body is fighting anything off, because stomach bugs have a very rapid onset and go away within 2 to 4 days. I sometimes experience nausea attacks myself, but they usually coincide with anxiety.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 6:50 pm

I'm like this, my stomach churns on a regular basis and causes much anxiety. And every few weeks or so I get a few days when I get lots of nausea attacks and don't eat as much.