Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ArtCraftandTeddies
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Apr 2012, 6:57 am

Hi Everyone, I'm Raven.

I'm 24 years old, I got diagnosed with AS a month ago. I also have a disorder called Psychogenic Non Epileptic Seizures (PNES) which is a form of conversion disorder.

So what is PNES? Basically when I'm stressed or upset or really any strong negative emotion my brain say I can't deal with this and goes into various states of consciousness. So I can be doing something and then suddenly my brain says I can't deal with this and I go into unconsciousness but that''s not all my tricky brain does to annoy me, I can also have what appears to be seizures (it looks lie epilepsy but does not respond to medication and the electrical wiring of m brain (nerves and such) are normal.

I try to live a normal life but as these can happen anytime, anywhere and can go on for 5mins to an hour it is quite difficult. I am currently on disability benefits which took ages to get as PNES is not well known, I did hold down a job but got fired due to seizures.

If there is anyone else out there who has heard of this disorder or has it, I would love to hear from you.