Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JoeRose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jun 2012, 2:18 pm

I'm currently going down from 30mg mirtazapine to 15 mg. I've been taking 30 one night and then 15 the next night and so on until I run out of 30s and then I'm moving completely down to 30s. I've been feeling a little bit dissociative. Like I'm kind of in a dream and not myself. I can't describe it but I don't feel totally myself. I can also feel anxiety creeping in and I'm starting to get mini- panic attacks again.
I think the fact my friend is seriously ill in hospital is not helping. I just can't handle seeing him struggle. I'm not sure he will ever completely regain his function back.
Are these typical things to experience when withdrawing from anti-depressants? I'm just really concerned that it'll get worse. I really want a smooth ride in getting this junk out of my system.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 6:31 pm

from the mirtazapine package insert: Abrupt discontinuation may cause dizziness, abnormal dreams, sensory disturbances (including paresthesia and electric shock sensations), agitation, anxiety, fatigue, confusion, headache, tremor, nausea, vomiting, and sweating

since you are tapering, these should be less of a problem. contact your doc if you continue to feel bad.