Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 11:34 am

When i was 13 and had a huge growth spurt i really enjoyed being taller than lots of kids the same age me. This could have led to me comparing yourself to others based primarily on height. and still continues too be a huge problem that causes me stress and anxiety. Almost 10 years on and i still have a issue about height......... therefore it is a slight inferiority complex (napoleon/short man syndrome). Some believe it is evolutionary, but many short men feel the need to buy big cars, big dogs etc. and be more aggressive because they feel inferior to those taller than them.

So in other words how can i get over this pychological complex? cause i just want too move on and enjoy my life. I sometimes wonder if my aspergers can this obssesion worse? For sure my moods a lot of the time revolve around how tall i feel at any given day or time.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 3:00 pm

I do not understand why guys have a complex about being short. I also know women who wear heels just so they appear taller, I don't get it at all. My other half is the same height as I am (we are both fairly short) and he also has issues with his height. He says that every inch you gain as a man makes all the difference and makes you feel less inferior. He has never really been able to tell me why. I have told him not to see being short as a negative thing but to view it as that's just how he is and get on with it. For some, being smaller suits them in fact and is attractive. In fact, I don't like people that are too tall and tend to favour men that are smaller.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 11:45 pm

Jamesy wrote:
When i was 13 and had a huge growth spurt i really enjoyed being taller than lots of kids the same age me. This could have led to me comparing yourself to others based primarily on height. and still continues too be a huge problem that causes me stress and anxiety. Almost 10 years on and i still have a issue about height......... therefore it is a slight inferiority complex (napoleon/short man syndrome). Some believe it is evolutionary, but many short men feel the need to buy big cars, big dogs etc. and be more aggressive because they feel inferior to those taller than them.

So in other words how can i get over this pychological complex? cause i just want too move on and enjoy my life. I sometimes wonder if my aspergers can this obssesion worse? For sure my moods a lot of the time revolve around how tall i feel at any given day or time.

I can't rightfully claim that I've never wished I were taller. However the men on my father's side of the family range from short to tall, and the short ones never seemed to have an issue with their height. I suppose it comes down to priorities.