Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 3:52 pm

Does lithium orotate and lithium aspartate really works?
Has anyone experiences with one os the two and what is the big difference?
Now I'm taking Lithium Orotate, 3x2 pills a day.
In every pill are 125 mg lithium orotate and that's 5 mg pure lithium.

I want to get lithium carbonate, but the doctors got really carefull with me and medication, because I had some really serious side effects in the past. :?

Johnq
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2012, 4:32 pm

I'm not sure, I tried lithium orotate before I got on Seroquel (I also am manic depressive) so the lithium orotate at the time increased the mania. I asked my doctor about it and he said it was very important for people with bi-polar not to use otc lithium for some reaons, he didn't explain. I really trust him though, he has a son with Aspergers also and I've known him for 15 years.

I would say the otc lithium is worth a shot, but don't take it if you are in serious need of medication for whatever reason you are taking it. I've heard that l. orotate can be effective with people with hypomania, but when you get into strong mania you really need something like Rx lithium or Seroquel/Risperdol.

I've been on Seroquel for about 5 weeks at 300mg and it has helped a lot. I started to get depressed so I got put on zoloft 50mg to start last week, no changes yet but they say it can take 3-4 weeks.

Best thing is to find a doctor you can trust and only take something like otc lithium like you would saint johns wart or another mild brain med. I even read a warning on a site selling lithium otc that said "warning, do not take this if you are manic depressive, you need prescription medication and help).

And I've been on both forms, and really the Rx lithium was a lot better, it caused no side effects and stopped racing thoughts while the orotate actually caused more irritability. You might want to consider abandoning lithium and going to some of the other med. classes depending on what symptoms you are trying to stop.

I had 4 links but they won't let me post it. One is the wikipedia link to lithium orotate, the other is livestrong (asparate vs orotate), and some place called rayshelian on orotate, then a site called experimentalchimp on lithium orotate.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 4:53 pm

I tryed Risperdol once, but I can't take it, because of movement disorders. I was toled that I shouldn't take antipsychotics, because I one got a blepharospasm (a spasm of the eye) from an antipsychotic. This is nearly two years ago and I still have it very slightly.

Same thing with the benzodiazepines. On Tavor I reacted paradox and I'm not supposed to take any of them because according to my EEG, I've a tendency to epilepsia.

So and saint johns warts and a lot of the ADs are also a no go, because I have very bad photodermatitis.

At the moment I take:
- Lithium Orotate
- Rhodiola Rosea
- Cod Liver Oil
- Melatonin

My psychiatrist wants me to take Agomelatine, but I don't know. Actually I prefer Melatonin. :?
She doesn't want to try anything else with me. :cry:

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 6:44 am

Espessially through the Lithium Orotate my mood is much more stable since a view days. :D

I still have moodproblems, but my constant problemsolving thinking is better and I feel happyer.
I'm still getting very easily tired. :?

So it's helping.
I'm thinking about asking my psychiatrist subscribing me Lithium Carbonate, but I'm not shure about it...! :?
It could be one drug that actually works for me.
But I'm not sure if she'll say "yes" anyways. :?