Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ker08
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2012, 11:53 am

I'm just curious of anyone else had any "instant" effects from 10mg of Prozac? I'm on day 2, and I'm just noticing that while I still feel stressed & anxious, I don't feel it in the pit of my stomach as much. Usually I feel that anxiety feeling throughout my body. I still feel it in my upper chest & abdomin & jaw (& arms), but I no longer have that deep gnawing feeling in my stomach.

Additionally, I have noticed that my stress eating has basically abruptly halted. Especially at work, I tend to want to eat 24/7. Not because I'm hungry but because I just feel like I have to. Now today I don't even want my lunch.

Now, both of these are good, but I'm just wondering if this is due to the Prozac, or just a placebo effect that my mind is inducing on my body.

retrogurl88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2012, 6:29 pm

You will notice early effects like you noted so it is not your imagination, after all you introduced a chemical to your body. When I first began taking Paxil I noticed the first day I was mellow, because in contrast I had spent the three years leading up to that panicking constantly 24/7. As far as substantial effects, it took a few weeks for me to notice that. I also had to pair my meds and still do with CBT therapy. Remember medication affects symptoms but actions must be practiced. Good luck with everything!

HonestGuy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Aug 2012, 9:18 pm

I think part of it may be the placebo effect, but you should start to see a real change in mood after about 2 - 3 weeks. At least that's how long it took for me. If I had to describe it I would say it's like:

You still know you have problems, but they don't bother you as much. The problems you have move from the forefront of your attention to the back of your mind. They are still there for you to solve, but they aren't debilitating and life crushing like they were before the Prozac started working.

Prozac really is a "miracle drug" as far as PTSD and depression go, but I think it does start to lose it's potency after the 5 year mark.

In case you're curious I've been on Prozac for just over 6 years... starting at 20mg and working my way up to 80mg. I've been at 80mg for the past three years.

lizzybeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2012, 7:30 pm

I am on Prozac. I am currently on 60 mg. I have been on prozac for the last 17 years. I am 24 years old by the way. Some days I feel like it's doing nothing for me, and others I feel like I couldn't function without it.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 11:15 pm

Yes, I did too. Should not have been tht fast, but it was. It was the first drug I was given, utterly amazing and didn't last. Stay with it as long as you can. I also totaly lost my fear of heights, side effect I am sure. Amazing stuff, at the time.

Do not move the dosage, I do not care what they say. Do not!, move it and chances are going back to this one will no longer work. Stay with works now!! When, and if, it doesn't, rethink it then.

Sign me...

Been that, done that, why too many times, (meant.. way too many times, but pay attention to what I first wrote)
Tell em to go fine tune thier own lives, no such thing

:)