Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2012, 7:51 am

I really need to experiance Ayahuasca or DMT i would go to the retreat that a lot of westerner are having positive life changing experiences but don't want to go there alone, I need to find someone with the same interests and doesn't just talk about it like most people i meet :cheers:

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Aug 2012, 11:40 pm

FYI I read about it and it's important to note never go on a retreat type thing if you are taking any medications. The interaction may be fatal. I've never tried it, but it sounds risky and not worth losing your mind over. Ive heard horror stories about people going into catatonic states or never leaving their trances. Also, DMT is natural in the brain but flooding it with DMT might be difficult to handle, plus the vomiting is a purging they go through in that culture.

Just weigh the pros and cons and risks before embarking on such a journey. Hope to help.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 1:36 pm

Scottinoz wrote:
I really need to experiance Ayahuasca or DMT i would go to the retreat that a lot of westerner are having positive life changing experiences but don't want to go there alone, I need to find someone with the same interests and doesn't just talk about it like most people i meet :cheers:

NB: The substances that you refer to are Sched. 1 substances. You can go to prison for any involvement with these substances.

LoveHim
Raven
Raven

10 Aug 2012, 10:14 am

Don't you need to go to South America to find a Shaman who leads Ayahuasca vision quests?

Krimp
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2012, 10:38 am

it really is great stuff you should try it :wink:
theres really nothing that can prepare you for a trip on it just make sure your really relaxed somewhere you feel safe cos it blows you out of this world :lol:

godoftruemercy
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2012, 12:04 pm

A professor of mine did his fieldwork with shamans and he says the experience is 90% vomiting. Just letting you know.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 1:34 am

here in india a group goes on trip to amazon
http://www.anahatafoundation.com/home/e ... treat.html

i dont know much but they are weirdo i would avoid

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 3:44 am

swim has done his share of tripping and has smoked dmt but has never used ayahuasca itself, and as a result of this he feels that it would be a good idea to trip ayahuasca with a western shaman for many autism spectrum people.

Mariannelux
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Aug 2012, 9:32 pm

ayahuesca is something really intense to trip with and have to be taken under the supervision of a real shaman. so pick the right one and im pretty sure you can experience something that would be life changing. :)

murbark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2012, 2:49 am

I'm definitely open to the Ayahuasca experience...I think all people should be but it should be done under the supervision of an experienced shaman. Peru, I believe is the best place for this. I know of one individual who goes on these retreats and blogs/podcasts about his life changing experiences. He even changed his name after one! haha

As a side note, I think most treatments for neurological disorders/metal illness will be found outside of traditional pharmacology...I personally had life changing moments while on MDMA (ecstasy) and felt in those moments what it was like to be NT (empathy especially). Traditional meds have only made things worse. Mushrooms have helped with my OCD.

Mariannelux

30 Aug 2012, 1:40 pm

murbark wrote:
I'm definitely open to the Ayahuasca experience...I think all people should be but it should be done under the supervision of an experienced shaman. Peru, I believe is the best place for this. I know of one individual who goes on these retreats and blogs/podcasts about his life changing experiences. He even changed his name after one! haha

As a side note, I think most treatments for neurological disorders/metal illness will be found outside of traditional pharmacology...I personally had life changing moments while on MDMA (ecstasy) and felt in those moments what it was like to be NT (empathy especially). Traditional meds have only made things worse. Mushrooms have helped with my OCD.

have you had an experience with LSD ?

murbark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2012, 11:48 pm

Mariannelux wrote:
murbark wrote:

Probably too many! haha it was the drug of choice in highschool but have only used it a couple of times since...so really just recreational use. It's not a drug I'm really interested in anymore....sticking to plants and fungus :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 12:58 am

slave wrote:
Scottinoz wrote:

NB: The substances that you refer to are Sched. 1 substances. You can go to prison for any involvement with these substances.

Which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me....but I will save my drug policy rants for another time.

Mariannelux

31 Aug 2012, 12:52 pm

murbark wrote:
Mariannelux wrote:
murbark wrote:

Probably too many! haha it was the drug of choice in highschool but have only used it a couple of times since...so really just recreational use. It's not a drug I'm really interested in anymore....sticking to plants and fungus :)

well its cos ive seen a documentary talking about how LSD can help people who have anxiety and fear of dying (in the case of people who have cancer etc)

im sure you would see this in another way if you were trying it now.