Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Bartolome
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Oct 2012, 8:41 am

I remember being very young and for several years, totally fixated on mental illness. I was a very imaginative child, and in those days I would make up heroic characters who were also very dark and troubled, being classed as "insane" and utilized for their exotic gifts. One character, Aerron, was a telepathic humanoid from the planet Zaxxon who spent most of his time in restraints when he wasn't fighting the evil forces of the galaxy.

I'm sure this disturbed my parents greatly. I used to ask them very difficult questions, like, "Would you still love me if I was crazy?" "Would you still be proud of me?" I think I did it because I knew I was different, from a young age, but no one knew anything about Asperger's then. Did anyone else here go through a similar experience?

idratherbeatree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2012, 5:38 pm

Abnormal psychology has been a special interest of mine since I was a child. Though most of the time, I was wondering what the hell was wrong with ME.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 7:21 pm

I was very fixated on my disabilities when I was a teenager. It was exhausting. That's why I stopped--I simply didn't have the energy to keep going, involuntarily or not.