Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

tinkershelby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Oct 2012, 12:18 am

7 years ago today.....i lost my cousin Christina and my uncle Vernon to a murderer who had aspergers. Initially you feel anger, confusion and frustration. Later when I read more about the shooter, who later fatally shot himself, I learned he suffered from a neurological disease and had been on this site. He reached out for help, he said he had "no friends, only enimies" and so dressed in a paintball mask and a cape drove a very short distance where he fatally shot my uncle and 22 year old cousin before walking home to shoot himself. I had so much more in my mind to say, but after 7 years I decided to come on here and just post....to who ever would read, who ever had the time, who ever was interested.
I have bipolar disorder, I do not let anyone one know because when I was diagnosed and told my mother she disapproved and said it was fake. I hold it in believing I can fix it, one day I can control it..... has not happened yet.
I guess I just want to say, i feel alone, I don't hve friends, i have aquantances that i feel at tmes are fake and do not truely understand. but to those who feel they are worse off, i want to let you know that your not alone, there are people like you who could understand, be your friend and be there. it just takes time to find the one you feel comfortable with and actually believe they may think like you, feel like you and be like you.
so I beg, if you feel your the only one, you do not belong here on this planet, keep trying, eventually you will find someone like you and not be in the dark. do not resort to murder, especially inoocent people who have not hurt you, epseicailly a father and daughter who leave being a brother and mother who have lost their life, spiraled in to chaos. think of the next life, please dont enable things to get worse and ruin more because you felt alone....i cannot express exactly what I am thinking but I feel, i think and i do love. this world has enough things wrong, please dont contribute, there are other venues to try, and keep trying to continue your life, a life that could be beautiful if you keep working at it.....i sit here and think if they were still alive, if the shooter would have waited and gotten help, if he would have reached out further and if people would have listened....i hope everone makes wise decisions and has a good halloween, even if its locked up in your room alone, there is always someone wondering the same thing, feeling the bad feelings thinking if anyone other person thinks the same as them but cannot find them or trust them. make wise decisions and find a belief. for me, its karma, kirshna, there is another lifetime i can spend and if im tortured in this one and live, the next one may just be so much better it was worth it...... XOXOXO, your not alone

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 5:07 am

Hello, welcome to WP.

It was a very touching post. You have had a traumatic past. Many posters on this site echo feelings of being alone and have no friends or people they can talk to. The site helps to a certain extent by providing a social outlet where those in a similar position can share their feelings with one another.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 8:58 am

Hi Tinkershelby and Welcome to WP

I'd just like to say that I can understand somewhat about how you've been feeling these past 7 years. I lost a cousin too, to a murderer. This incident will never leave my mind. My family has been deeply affected by it and we've all been changed forever. It happened 25 years ago. The person who killed your loved ones was obviously a very sick person. In the case of my cousin, the murderer was one of a gang, on a rampage through our town. My cousin was just unfortunate to be in their path, waiting for a taxi home, after a night out with his girlfriend and another two couples, including his brother. He was a lovely gentle man and never deserved to die in such a way. No matter the circumstances, it hurts and mystifies that someone could choose to kill a completely innocent stranger.