Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 4:44 am

The brilliant thing about this service called LIFT in the UK... they give people the same questionnaire over and over again whether applying for so-called counselling (which is severely limited in time and scope compared to what I had anyway) or CBT-based courses. And were somehow baffled when I refused to fill in it for the umpteenth time supposedly every week of the course!

As if people having aspiration issues will absolutely be gearing to fill in a questionnaire early in the morning. Now, not only will I not make an appointment... I will probably not take a second look at it due to the damn thing. Great way to put people off!

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 4:18 pm

I'm confused. Is it like a brief questionnaire about how you've felt in the last week or so, and whether or not you are suicidal? I used to go to a clinic that had me fill out something like that before every appointment.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 4:35 pm

This might not be quite the same thing, but in the United States, Obamacare requires all healthcare providers to ask several randomized questions ranging from "Do you drink alcohol?" to "Do you wear seat belts?" and even "Do you live with anyone who smokes tobacco?" The providers are required to share these answers with "third-party interests" so the patient might get a telephone call or postcard about smoking-cessation programs or AA. After years of answering these questions, I researched the matter and learned that the law requires (and pays) providers to comply, but not the patients. "Oh, I can opt out?!?" So now, I "refuse to answer" all questions which are unrelated to my reason(s) why I am attending an examination with my physician.

So much for medical privacy.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 9:05 am

starkid wrote:
I'm confused. Is it like a brief questionnaire about how you've felt in the last week or so, and whether or not you are suicidal? I used to go to a clinic that had me fill out something like that before every appointment.

Don't even get me started on the damn "safe plans" :roll: Yes, because being unable to fill in a form about if I feel suicidal totally means I'm extremely suicidal and not, you know, that I'm just bad at filling forms out unrelated to me. This was following "self harm" as such, except it wasn't suicidally motivated. Almost wasn't allowed home because they weren't convinced I wasn't going to kill myself. :roll: And then suddenly it jumps to "you're getting tested for autism". The NHS is weird. :?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 1:23 pm

iliketrees wrote:
Almost wasn't allowed home because they weren't convinced I wasn't going to kill myself. :roll: And then suddenly it jumps to "you're getting tested for autism". The NHS is weird. :?

Is that how you got diagnosed?

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

starkid wrote:
iliketrees wrote:
Almost wasn't allowed home because they weren't convinced I wasn't going to kill myself. :roll: And then suddenly it jumps to "you're getting tested for autism". The NHS is weird. :?

Is that how you got diagnosed?

I'm undergoing it, yeah. :P Not diagnosed with anything yet but they're gonna assess me. Weird way, I know, especially since my mum's noticed it in me since I was 2.

genesis529
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Apr 2015, 10:46 am

AspieUtah wrote:
This might not be quite the same thing, but in the United States, Obamacare requires all healthcare providers to ask several randomized questions ranging from "Do you drink alcohol?" to "Do you wear seat belts?" and even "Do you live with anyone who smokes tobacco?" The providers are required to share these answers with "third-party interests" so the patient might get a telephone call or postcard about smoking-cessation programs or AA. After years of answering these questions, I researched the matter and learned that the law requires (and pays) providers to comply, but not the patients. "Oh, I can opt out?!?" So now, I "refuse to answer" all questions which are unrelated to my reason(s) why I am attending an examination with my physician.

That is highly inaccurate.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 11:17 am

genesis529 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

That is highly inaccurate.

"Highly inaccurate" that Obamacare requires that providers ask the questions, that patients aren't required to answer the questions, or that the data mined are shared with others?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)