Poll ended at 17 Jul 2014, 3:51 pm
yes 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
no 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5

cardboredbox
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jun 2014, 3:51 pm

I started at a dose of 60 mg at night and then, a week later, I started getting these weird vocal and motor tics. Now, dissatisfied with the medicine, I am still getting tics. Sorry to complain, but have any of you gotten this?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 6:24 pm

cardboredbox wrote:
I started at a dose of 60 mg at night and then, a week later, I started getting these weird vocal and motor tics. Now, dissatisfied with the medicine, I am still getting tics. Sorry to complain, but have any of you gotten this?

Something similar when I was on Saphris, except they were less tics than involuntary movements. My tongue kept trying to stretch forward while also stretching backwards to the back of my mouth and my lips kept trying to pucker up. I could exert some control over it, but it was difficult and required much of my concentration. It made conversation much more difficult, because I always had to keep correcting my tongue and lips from the involuntary movements they were engaging in, resulting in saying a few words, pause, saying a few words, pause, etc.

Anyway, I'd call your doctor.

Minionkitty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2014, 7:18 am

I didn't have that on Geodon, but on Haldol I drool, and I shake like a leaf. My doctor is trying to find the "perfect dose" of Haldol that works but doesn't cause that at the same time.

I'm not sure I've ever had involuntary movements besides the shaking, though.

ASD/Asperger's Syndrome traits; diagnosed August 2014
IQ 120
(Diagnosed using the DSM-IV, not DSM-5)

SC_2010
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jul 2014, 6:03 am

Geodon can have some pretty serious (and sometimes permanent) side effects. One of these side effects is called tardive dyskinesia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardive_dyskinesia

If you are experiencing involuntary movements, you should contact your healthcare provider immediately.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Jul 2014, 8:11 pm

I had ticks & twitches when I was on it. I had problems with all 5 antipsychotics I tried thou & I tolerated Abilify the best but I had ticks, twitches & slurring on it. All 5 I tried were atypical 1s thou so I think I might tolerate a typical one better if I go back on one & I'm learning towards Haldol but only probably need a low dose if I do.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition