Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 3:28 pm

Hi, I just wanted to hear if there is anyone here who regards themselves as asexual however are homo-, bi- or heteroromantic. I consider myself as asexual and biromantic as I do not see any drive to have sex (I had it a bunch of times but I am not the most enthusiastic person about it) and I don't mind having a romantic relationship with a man or woman.

nuttyengineer
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2015, 7:12 pm

I suppose I sort of fall into that category. I have a very low sex drive (if I even have one at all), though I still have a desire to be in a relationship. I don't really know where I fall on the spectrum between hetero-romantic and homo-romantic though.

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2015, 9:27 pm

The terminology can be a bit confusing. A lot of people seem to blend what I consider three separate elements; love, sex, and romance. I have no desire nor opposition to sex. I am wary of romance because most of what I've observed seems stressful. But there are several people (non-relatives) I know of either gender who I would say that I love.

pirrouline
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Mar 2015, 1:04 pm

I'm somewhat interested in the emotional aspect of relationships with the same gender, so I identify as a lesbian, but I've actually never been sexually attracted to anyone. I've described myself as asexual before, but I prefer not to now, because I don't consider it the most important part of my identity, but if I had to say, it is still accurate. Whether I become interested in having sex with somebody someday, or I don't, that's okay with me.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 7:22 am

What you describe seems to fit with me fairly well. Although my orientation is homo, I'm largely asexual and, like you, prefer romantic relationships where sex plays no part (or very little). The company of intelligent (i.e.: Aspie) younger guys is something I particularly appreciate.

So I'd be interested in hearing from other 'gay' men who feel similarly.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 9:02 am

I'm not sure where I fall in the scale but I am probably bisexual homoromantic.
I have slight sex drive towards both sexes(although I never actually done it) and I can imagine myself being with any but I only developed romantic feelings towards a woman so far. I was in relationships with guys too but it was more a pragmatic, brotherly love not a romantic one. I just can't find myself in the girly, submissive role of romantic relationship. A girl is supposed to receive gifts and be treasured like a princess. I prefer to give gifts and be the "guardian". Unfortunately boys find it intimidating when a woman acts like a "knight" towards them just as I find it intimidating when a boy treats me as a "princess". :roll:

Yet I don't find myself asexual. I am generally not interested in relationships but when I consider being in one I want it to involve sex or just stay friends (definition of a friend - someone who I hang out with about 2-3 times a year. Call me asocial.). I am not interested in the pure lovey-dovey kind. Which makes me virtually undateable. I hate dates so I don't date anyone. Yet I am too careful to get a one night stand with a random stranger. And my friends either friend zoned me, are gay or in a relationship. So no sex for me. :lol: