Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

anikatheoddone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2011, 11:23 pm

yea i am too. i realized it when i was 11 but had crushes on other girls a LONG time before then. i think my first crush on a girl was in kindergarten if i remember right.....

Whirlwind
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Mar 2011, 10:43 pm

lesbian aspie here. south lousiana.

tomboywriter101
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: In my writing, where things are the way I want them

14 Mar 2011, 10:58 pm

I am currently in my first crush with my closest friend (who's straight, so it remains unrequited). I just discovered my orientation this summer before eighth grade. Now I wonder if I have ever really liked guys to begin with.

Agree: 4,6,13,16,18,19,20,22,39,41,45: 1 point
Disagree: 1,3,10,11,14,17,27,30,32,36,38,44,47,48,49: 1 point
Score: 26

Whirlwind
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Mar 2011, 1:46 pm

I am 28 years old and living i'n south Louisiana. I am recently self-diagnosed Aspie. (i currently have no insurance)
I am looking to meet lesbian/bisexual Aspies.
I love hiking, camping, reading, writing & traveling.

Louise18
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Mar 2011, 12:44 pm

syrella wrote:
Bisexual here. I just don't think gender is all that important when it comes to finding love, so I'll date both men and women when the feelings are there. I too was in love with my best friend growing up and I always imagined she and I would move in together and live happily ever after. I hadn't even thought of trying to find a husband.

That said, I generally don't become attracted to anyone until I spend a lot of time with them or they are very interesting to me intellectually. I'm an extreme case where the physical attraction I experience is very limited. So looks alone don't do much for me. I thought I was asexual for a bit, but nah... I like people just fine. 8) I'm just attracted to them in a slightly different manner.

This.

Whirlwind
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Mar 2011, 1:40 pm

I'm definantly only attracted to females. Physical attraction isn't at the tip of my list, but it is important.

iwannabeadragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2011, 5:17 pm

I used to identify as polysexual. (Pan mean all, poly means many.) So rather than being pansexual and attracted to all genders, it's being attracted to many genders. And not bisexual, being attracted to two genders.

I used to identify as polysexual because I am/was attracted to biological girls, transgirls, genderqueer guys (meaning a biological female that expresses oneself as a male) and agendered people. (Without a gender.)

But now, I identify as a lesbian. I'm really only emotionally and sexually interested in females and transgirls. (What's even more "controversial" is that I'm dating a biological male. E-dating, I guess, because it's easier for me. But he's pretty much the only thing with a penis I'd date. Some of my LGBT acquaintances disapprove of that.)

Nickay12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2011, 9:48 pm

How about homoromantic?? Even more rare believe me.

Doomed to a life of loniness, aranging my books alphabetically, chronologically and symmetrically; for an eternity. :lol:

Whirlwind
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Mar 2011, 10:02 pm

What's homoromantic?

Whirlwind
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Mar 2011, 10:04 pm

What's homoromantic?

Nickay12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2011, 10:11 pm

It's like a platonic attraction, it's asexualism but I prefer the company of girls.
I find girls really attractive but they just don't turn me on.

It's rather confusing.

iwannabeadragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2011, 12:22 am

I've never heard that term before, but it makes sense.
My doctor told me that because my petuitary gland doesn't work properly, I'm probably asexua;.
Which might be true because I'm rarely turned on.

Whirlwind
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Mar 2011, 12:50 am

I hate being single. Feel worthless and pointless when I'm single

Whirlwind
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Mar 2011, 3:50 pm

I've never felt so unloved.

Splatfink
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

I'm a lesbian - although sexuality is very complicated I agree. I experimented when I was younger and decided that although I was comfortable sexually with men and women, I was never comfortable emotionally/psychologically with men. I believe that is because of how society nurtures males rather than my 'biological' sexual preference in women. I found it incredibly hard to form relationships with women once I decided that was what I wanted. With men, I never had to make any effort. They did all the work socially. I've never had the courage or social confidence to approach someone I was attracted to - of any gender. The only way I've been able to form relationships with women is if they approach me, or through shared experience, such as work. I've been with my girlfriend now for 4 years and we have a 5 year old son. We met through work. In my experience NT people find it hard to sustain a relationship with a person who has the traits of aspergers. I am incredibly frustrating to my gf sometimes and I know my previous gf used to get really angry with me. I don't have a diagnosis either which makes it hard for people to comprehend my behaviour. I am sure some people think I am just making excuses.
I am lucky that I have a (lgbt) supportive employer and through my interest in music and the band I was in, have met lots of other lesbian women who are lovely and supportive. I would say to anyone who feels as lonely and confused and frightened as I did when I was teenager - it definitely gets better. Hang in there. Oh - and if anyone can offer me advice or just wants to chat about being an undiagnosed working adult....

Hoyden88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2011, 1:59 pm

Well, admittedly i'm a lesbian too, though i do have issues with the attraction part. One day though i hope i can meet a girl who will like "Me" and not tell me i'm weird/eccentric/rude.

Anyways, you're not alone, we're just a really small group