Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

tk5800
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Mar 2011, 3:29 am

i go to a catholic school in australia, of course, those to things are known for there homopbobic tendancys

but so far i haven't recieved any discrimination for my homosexuality, is it because teenagers today have grown out of the old "GAH! FAG! KILLIT WITH FIRE" or because (considering my past history) they just wont discriminate against me?

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 9:16 am

I think it depends very much where you are located. Teenagers in big cities like Sydney or Melbourne are going to be very different than teenagers in small, remote towns.

But reading about Armistead Maupin's recent experience in Alice Springs suggests to me that there is a move to demonstrate that homophobic conduct is no longer welcome. I hope this is, indeed, the case.

tk5800
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Mar 2011, 6:38 pm

visagrunt wrote:
I think it depends very much where you are located. Teenagers in big cities like Sydney or Melbourne are going to be very different than teenagers in small, remote towns.

But reading about Armistead Maupin's recent experience in Alice Springs suggests to me that there is a move to demonstrate that homophobic conduct is no longer welcome. I hope this is, indeed, the case.

i live in bendigo, its a larger country town, but i have heard there have been some homophobic things happen

tomboywriter101
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: In my writing, where things are the way I want them

19 Mar 2011, 10:37 am

You're lucky you're "out". I'm not, yet...

I feel if I come out, I'll receive discrimination from the boys (ironically, I'm a girl) and some of the girls as well. I go to a small religious school (I'm Jewish) where all of the kids have pretty known each other for eight or nine years. I've only been there for two. I've come out to the girl that was new the same year I was and to another girl who wants OUT OF THE SCHOOL. They're pretty much my only friends but I'm thinking of befriending the second girl's friends who aren't very judgmental.

Agree: 4,6,13,16,18,19,20,22,39,41,45: 1 point
Disagree: 1,3,10,11,14,17,27,30,32,36,38,44,47,48,49: 1 point
Score: 26