Maybe I'm not as gay as I first thought...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

smothered
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 May 2012, 10:11 am

Hey comrades,

While I haven't told any family or friends about it (because I haven't found an important time to do so), I consider myself to be gay (probably started with a little bit of foreskin envy when I was about 3). However, men over the age of about 25 don't really turn me on. I don't like those stereotypical gay guys (most gay guys I've met IRL fall into that category), and as much as I like watching it, I really don't think I could ever get involved in gay sex.

Would I get used to men? How do I find my sexuality? Should I just buy lots of cats, and hope to die by 35?

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 11:55 am

Based on your age from another of your posts, it's not unusual to not be attracted to people more than 7 years older than you (regardless of if you are gay/bi or not). Also, don't be too surprised if you find out that someone you thought was straight isn't. The stereotypes tend to get overplayed, and some gay people will play up the stereotype, there are just as many or more that are just your "average Joe". Hoping to die isn't generally productive for anything. Simple solution to finding your identity - try asking someone you are attracted to out. I know it will take a lot of courage, especially if it's another guy, but you'll get thru it. Really, the worst that can/will happen is they will say no.

smothered
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 May 2012, 10:18 am

Maybe I should go looking for a support group, chances are talking to people in the same boat would be more helpful than trying to figure it out on my own - I'm sure there are many others, Aspies and NTs alike, who feel/have felt the same. Luckily, I'm living in a progressive, LGBTI-friendly city, so there is probably someone I can talk to.

[Wow, I must be in a better mood today...]