Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 3:10 pm

You guys already know I am bisexual but I am wondering if I am also bigender. At times I feel extremely feminine (almost abnormally so) and want long hair, pearls, stuff with hearts all over it, pink, etc. Then, at other times I want everything to be black, blue, and red, feel the urge to cut off all my hair or wear men's/ambiguous clothing. It's kind of like their are two of me and it reflects in everything. Sometimes I wish I had a penis, or other times I feel stereotypically female. Even when I obsessively change my desktop background, for example, I go from like a pink teacup with flowers to a creepy alien or a skull or pictures of cars and trucks in primary colors. On some days, I want to emphasize by breast, while other days I try to hide them, etc. I just realized this now and I'm so confused.

starly
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jun 2015, 1:57 pm

this sounds more like genderfluid to me, as your gender expression seems to change

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 2:04 pm

I think you have both masculine and feminine interests, and you may be more intrigued by one or the other depending on how you feel or who you are with. Masculine/feminine interests are created by society anyway, and do not determine which gender you express yourself as. I have both masculine and feminine interests as well, expressing them differently depending on if I am around more males or females at the time. This does not make me feel bigender by any means, as I still feel like a heterosexual female despite the fact that I have society-defined masculine and feminine interests. I can't say I know what feeling bigender feels like, so if anyone here is bigender, please correct me if anything I say is wrong.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 2:26 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
You guys already know I am bisexual but I am wondering if I am also bigender. At times I feel extremely feminine (almost abnormally so) and want long hair, pearls, stuff with hearts all over it, pink, etc. Then, at other times I want everything to be black, blue, and red, feel the urge to cut off all my hair or wear men's/ambiguous clothing. It's kind of like their are two of me and it reflects in everything. Sometimes I wish I had a penis, or other times I feel stereotypically female. Even when I obsessively change my desktop background, for example, I go from like a pink teacup with flowers to a creepy alien or a skull or pictures of cars and trucks in primary colors. On some days, I want to emphasize by breast, while other days I try to hide them, etc. I just realized this now and I'm so confused.
this is common with bisexuality(i've experienced this as well, though not as strongly), I always figured it was due to being attracted to both genders and having different sexual interests w/r/t girls and boys

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm

Bigender means you are attracted to both genders. Genderfluid means you shuffle masculine and feminine interests.