is anybody here who has autism and is transgender?

Page 2 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TiffanyFerret
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 May 2009, 3:50 pm

jemir1234 wrote:
well you tell us. is it easier being a girl than it was a man when it comes to dating?

no it isn't.Infact is it is harder because men still see you as men which causes homophobia.Transexuals have alot of trouble with dating because they are precieved as the opposite gender and it is basically like a gay man dating a woman if the man is gay or a straight woman dating with another woman when the woman is straight.This is the case even if they haven't transitioned yet.We transsexuals don't do this because we think it is easier, we do this because we actually feel we are the opposite sex.We could get killed doing this, but we do this because we have no choice.I would highly disrecommend someone transitioning unless they are suicidal due to gender disphoria

mikemmlj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 May 2009, 4:56 pm

i thought i had it rough being gay, i can't imagine living life as transgendered. Are you constantly aware of your gender then, it would be overwhelming to me to be trans I think, can't imagine the complexities in relationships, family, friends

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 7:06 pm

I am definitely androgyne.

As a tween I might have been called transsexual, since I wished I was a boy.

I am not transsexual now, but I am transgender in that my interests are more usual for males. The only real feminine aspect of me is my love for animals and possibly that I like quizzes. (One of which showed that the likelihood of me being male was 80% and another that showed that I think like a female and feel like a male, whatever that’s supposed to mean! No. I don’t take quizzes seriously but considering the theme here it’s a fun result.) :P

I have never used make-up or high heeled shoes, and I never will. I haven’t wore a skirt/dress since elementary school and I have no desire to.
I absolutely refuse to accept the notion that some activities or behaviour are improper for one gender while acceptable or even expected of the other. I don’t deny that some things are more common for one gender, but that doesn’t make it exclusive.
More than feeling female (or male) I feel like me. I (and everyone else) shouldn’t be seen as a gender but as an individual whose traits are her or his own, period. I’m not typically female and that is only a problem for close-minded people.

TiffanyFerret
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 May 2009, 7:14 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
I am definitely androgyne.

As a tween I might have been called transsexual, since I wished I was a boy.

I am not transsexual now, but I am transgender in that my interests are more usual for males. The only real feminine aspect of me is my love for animals and possibly that I like quizzes. (One of which showed that the likelihood of me being male was 80% and another that showed that I think like a female and feel like a male, whatever that’s supposed to mean! No. I don’t take quizzes seriously but considering the theme here it’s a fun result.) :P

I have never used make-up or high heeled shoes, and I never will. I haven’t wore a skirt/dress since elementary school and I have no desire to.
I absolutely refuse to accept the notion that some activities or behaviour are improper for one gender while acceptable or even expected of the other. I don’t deny that some things are more common for one gender, but that doesn’t make it exclusive.
More than feeling female (or male) I feel like me. I (and everyone else) shouldn’t be seen as a gender but as an individual whose traits are her or his own, period. I’m not typically female and that is only a problem for close-minded people.

unlike you me and most people have a gender identity, it isn't something we choose to identify as, also there are alot of differences between a male brain and a female brain, though the differences are sutle. don't get me wrong though.I'm a person that thinks english and alot of languages are flaws because of gender spefic pronouns.that person has male genitalia,the person is so nice.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 9:13 pm

Zoonic wrote:
But I still believe there are blacks who sincerely feel white as well

they're called Oreos :P

Quote:
as there are whites who feel asian

those are called Wapanese, or Weeaboo (though Weeaboo applies to more than white people)

Quote:
and mediterraneans who feel black.

they're called Wiggers :P

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 9:16 pm

Mmmm labels, delicious labels. I wondered what a 'weeaboo' was, it's somewhat less grand than I imagined.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 9:25 pm

Lecks wrote:
Mmmm labels, delicious labels. I wondered what a 'weeaboo' was, it's somewhat less grand than I imagined.

im not using ED as a source. urbandictionary is -less- biased, so look here :P
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... rm=weeaboo

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 9:54 pm

TiffanyFerret wrote:
unlike you me and most people have a gender identity, it isn't something we choose to identify as, also there are alot of differences between a male brain and a female brain, though the differences are sutle.

But a lot of the differences are taught, not chosen or innate. Girl- and boy- children are allowed different sets of behaviour and given different toys. I was given dolls and clothes for them, and never played with them. I liked cars, trains, planes, action figures etc. I thought camouflage sweaters were the coolest when I was a tween (I still like them), so I was ecstatic when my father wanted to get me one. But my mother threw a tantrum (yes, really) saying that "You can't buy that for a girl!" What was the big deal? They were only clothes, for crying out loud!
Girls are given pink and told they're small and sweet, boys are given blue and are told they are big and tough. There is too much influence from society to truly tell the difference. And some girls are too mellow to object.

Girls are often not allowed to choose, they are molded. I can give 2 concrete examples related to other girls.
1. My first cousin has two children. Her daughter is almost 9 and her brother is 7 1/2. Some years ago, the boy was given a fantasy game where monsters of different types and skills fought each other. When the girl saw the game, she wanted to play it, but my cousin told her it was a game for boys. (!) I have played lots of similar games and loved it. It is just plain wrong to deny a child to play an innocent board game.
2. In junior high -like now- I enjoyed playing Gameboy (it's a small machine for playing electronic games), and I as well as 3 boys in my class used to bring our Gameboys to school and play in the recess. One day a girl in my class passed us and looked at us. Then she asked me - and no one else- "Why do you bother doing that?" Had this girl actually tried it herself? No.
When we came back from the summer vacation she told me that she had spent the summer with her cousin and had borrowed her Gameboy. She admitted that she thought it was fun to play it.

And for that matter, a few years ago a small neighbourhood boy used to walk around with a toy baby carriage. But to my knowledge no one stopped him.

This would never be allowed as an experiment, but I have wondered what would happen if children grew up without influence of adults, without anyone making suggestions as to what they should play with etc. What would they choose, how would they act, who would do what? Because that would be the only way to truly tell what is in their brain. Only without any outsiders to effect one's development can it be QFT.

TiffanyFerret
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 May 2009, 10:36 pm

Skilpadde wrote:

This would never be allowed as an experiment, but I have wondered what would happen if children grew up without influence of adults, without anyone making suggestions as to what they should play with etc. What would they choose, how would they act, who would do what? Because that would be the only way to truly tell what is in their brain. Only without any outsiders to effect one's development can it be QFT.

http://www.singlesexschools.org/reimer.html
here is a story about such an experiment.It is a very horrible story.an overwise normal boy forced to get srs. and whats more the docter that recommended lied about the results and did care to hide the fact the experiement was a total failure

TiffanyFerret
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 May 2009, 10:49 pm

also read this
http://www.changelingaspects.com/Articl ... inalis.htm
mtf transexuals have female number of neurons in that part of the brain

Brusilov
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2009, 1:46 am

[content removed - M.]

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 2:48 pm

TiffanyFerret wrote:
also read this
http://www.changelingaspects.com/Articl ... inalis.htm
mtf transexuals have female number of neurons in that part of the brain

Thanks for posting that link! It was an interesting read

Last edited by Skilpadde on 29 May 2009, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlackjackGabbiani
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2009, 6:00 am

I've never seen any purpose for genders. They don't reflect anything real, since they take "this sex is likely to do this" and turn it into a set of rules, making "likely" into "has to". And it doesn't make any sense at all.

And I don't identify as either because of that. It's abitrary and doesn't fit anything about me.

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 6:08 am

David Reimer must have been REALLY masculine, i mean look: "He is proficient at automobile mechanics and enjoys watching televised sports." so yeah, in a case like that, turning a brutish masculine jock into a female wouldn't work...this isn't black and white...some people are born very much masculine or feminine, and probably shouldn't be switched around at birth...lots of people are very much netural and would probably be able to be raised as masculine or feminine...

if i have a kid, i'm going to raise him/her completely neutrally, if they want to play with the toys of the opposite sex, then let them...if he wants to wear a pretty dress and have long hair or if she wants to wear jeans and climb trees, it'll all be ok with me...the schools won't be able to legally challenge this stance anyway...if they decide to adhere to their gender stereotypes, that's also fine, but at no point will i force my child into a cruel, limited and segregated bi-gender system. what if he's a caring, sensitive, nurturing beta male? i'm not gonna force that tough manly stuff on him, i'm not really much of a man myself XD

TiffanyFerret
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 May 2009, 8:49 am

gender is one thing, but gender identity is another, heck I'm a tomboy, but I identify as female.I feel gender identity is what is most important of all the other traits in that area.You could act totally male and still identify as female

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 7:51 pm

I am transgendered, female-to-male.

Most people on here know me as a lesbian, but I recently came out as a guy.

-SpaceCase