Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

subliculous
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2009, 10:09 pm

anyone else like this stuff? lately i've been on a native american music kick. i like the native americans and sort of identify with them, being a marginalized society and all...there's a few online stations you can listen to, which stream nothing but native american music. it's just so peaceful and calming and makes me want to just get rid of my belongings and sit outside under the stars with a fire. my favorite one is nativeradio.com, they have two links you can listen to, one is mixed format, which is about 80% peaceful flute music, with some native american rock artists and folk stories mixed in. the other one is traditional/powwow music. i fall asleep listening to this just about every night. here's the link.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 2:40 am

Yes, I like it.
Hawaiian music is good that way too.

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2009, 7:43 am

You can hear samples from the CD Sacred Spirit: Chants and Dances of the Native Americans below. The whole CD is great. I just play it over and over when I'm in that mood.

http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Spirit-Cha ... B000009CIO

INTJ.

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2009, 1:53 pm

i love the drumming and just the drumming. i also love the arts & crafts and culture too.
just the other day my mom, my grandma, and i went to the National Museum of The American Indian in DC and it reminded me how awesome they are. not to mention overlooked which is sad. :(

Solsikke
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2009, 12:12 pm

Yes I love it.

RoemerMW
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2009, 6:11 pm

I listen to BlackFire, a Native American/Punk rock music group. I really want to start listening to Native American music, but I don't know of any artists, any recommendations?