Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

shulamith
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2010, 9:12 pm

I recently joined the creative writing forum, Writing.com, under the penname Siobhan Bonderovsky. So far i have posted three short stories, called respectively, "Poor Sarah," "Vanderpool's Island," and "The Environmentalist."
"Poor Sarah" is a thriller about a girl with AS whose house gets broken into. Since most works about autism tend to focus on male characters, it is a big change. It does contain some violent content.
"Vanderpool's Island" has NT characters, but it is told in an extremely visual way- i use a lot of description, and settings and scenes are very vivid. It is good for visual thinkers like me. Also, if you like classic authors like Edgar Allan Poe, it is a modern retelling of one of his stories. "The Environmentalist" also contains lots of visual description.
All these stories are in the gothic horror genre, but i hope some wrongplanet users will still check them out. I would appreciate your feedback; you can send it to my account here.
To read "Poor Sarah," view my profile, or search for my other work, you can use this link:
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/i ... oor--Sarah
Thanks!

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 4:30 am

"The Environmentalist" is very well written but my favourite is Vanderpool's Island, it's so full of details, great descriptions, you can see clearly the scene and the dialogues are realistic.

I did not really like Poor Sarah though I sense your poetic abilities more in this story than in the others. There are some great passages, well written sentences, but the repetition of Poor Sarah is irritating (I like repetition but this one does not sound poetic for some reasons, probably the sounds, I do not know, but it's the way I feel not the way other people may feel). I did not really liked the fact that she was a victim of so many things as well, it somehow kills the distress.